Redhawk Caldera i warn you not to doubt the silence before the storm
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
There were two howls in quick succession, one unfamiliar and the other undoubtedly belonging to Towhee. Had it not been for his goddaughter's urgent cry, Elwood might have continued tracking the small herd of deer on the caldera's outskirts; but the alarm in Towhee's voice was enough to send him packing. He turned his back on the trio of does and loped towards the source of the calls, moving quickly and with purpose.

As he neared, his heartbeat quickened at the sight of the wolves gathered on his borders. His eyes skimmed over them quickly, taking in the appearance of the dark female who seemed to be the leader. Although it was intimidating to have a large group of strangers congregating at his doorstep, he did take note that the black she-wolf, while obviously in charge, was not posturing threateningly. Rather, she and her followers stood with some degree of respectfulness as Redhawks arrived in response to her call. Elwood glanced up as one of the younger wolves broke away from the group, but paid her little mind.

Elwood slowed his pace as he approached Towhee and Finley, and only examined the rest of the assemblage when Towhee uttered his son's name. Immediately, his gaze shifted; his jaw dropped when he found himself looking into Eljay's green eyes. Next to him, Finley seemed to be frozen in place, so Elwood gathered his wits so that both Alphas wouldn't look like they were unable to speak.

"Eljay," he said first, and while he wanted to go to the boy, he refrained and forced himself to look back at the she-wolf at the head of the pack. "I'm Elwood Blackthorn, Alpha of Redhawk Caldera," he said, although it was likely unnecessary. She was accompanied by his son, after all. There was a degree of confusion in his expression, but he waited as patiently as possible for an explanation as to who she was, why she had brought such a large crowd to his borders, and why Eljay was with her.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i warn you not to doubt the silence before the storm - by Elwood - October 01, 2017, 10:09 AM