Stone Circle I shall now expose my chest, don't act like you're not impressed
?
101 Posts
Ooc —
The tip of Burr's tail wiggled hopefully when the Alpha addressed him not only politely, but kindly, offering explanations and tips alike. Maybe, as Illecebra and Mawk had told him time and again but failed to convince him, she wasn't as bad as first impressions suggested. He hoped in time, she would come to know that his first impression wasn't great either, and would find value in him as a pack mate as he grew older. Rowana was already so much more mature than either of her brothers, but Burr had the potential to surpass her very quickly in matters of the mind, and he hoped that someday soon, he could prove it. Maybe then things would be better with his pack mates.

Burr tilted his snout up at Valette as she explained, We can't climb trees as well as them. "We can climb trees?" he asked with widening eyes that darted questioningly over to the tree where the squirrel was hiding. Hopes and dreams of maturity aside, he was still just a kid, and sometimes he still missed the point. Burr had to admit, he'd never had the desire to try to climb a tree, but if that was something wolves could do, maybe he could be good enough to get that squirrel. Someday.

Enough about that. His attention snapped back to the pack leader when she asked about his hunting knowledge. He fidgeted for a second, torn between pretending he knew more than he really did and telling the truth. In the end, the lesson that Nikai had imparted on him about lying won out, and he admitted, "I don't really know much. I just... know I need to chase things and bite 'em when I'm hungry. My body tells me to." No one had taught him that, either. That was an ingrained wolf instinct that had only recently awakened in him.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I shall now expose my chest, don't act like you're not impressed - by Burr - October 16, 2017, 10:33 PM