north sea storm
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
Given that it's an isle I'm not sure how their borders would work so at this point I would say the Outrider party is still on Sea Lion Shore. This is open to anyone from WGI but just @Verrine and @Julooke for a round or two, please (Ragnar will send out a howl when he's ready to talk)! :-) I assumed that Ragnar doesn't know that Julooke was aware of their founding and Houkie I assumed that Ragnar sought out Verrine specifically for this but if either of you'd like me to change any of it feel free to let me know and I'll gladly do so!

<style type="text/css"> r1 {color:#5e6d7c; font-size: 10px;} .r1box {background-color: #0b0c14; width: 500px; margin: auto; background-image: url('http://i.imgur.com/TdbsUHq.png'); background-repeat: no-repeat; border: 1px solid #4b4e55; outline: 10px solid #1f2633;} .r1text {margin: auto; width: 350px; color:#313d4a; text-indent: 15px; font-family: georgia; line-height: 15px; font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; padding-left: 20px; padding-right: 20px; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 420px; margin-bottom: 30px;}</style>

Ragnar was not surprised that Verrine had agreed to come along on this trek, and the Viking had sought the Ridge’s newest (one of them, anyway) out specifically for his scouting experience; what had surprised Ragnar was Julooke’s desire to tag along. He had not given specific details at first, if only because he was still trying to gather his thoughts and more so than that control his territorial instincts. He had no viable proof that the annoying (as far as Ragnar was concerned) wolf of Silvertip he knew as Majesty had claimed the Isle, nothing more than a mass of scents trailing to the water’s edge to where they vanished either from crossing the sandbar the Viking had discovered or swimming. The things that Ragnar had discovered were enough to fit into the puzzle but it was not enough to say for certain and in reality, the Head Warden was hoping that Verrine could offer his opinion on the matter before Ragnar led him — well them, including Julooke — across the sandbar to confront the wolves themselves. He could not chase them from the Isle just because he felt it was too close to Horizon Ridge; as it was the small strip of ocean between them was not much of a buffer for Ragnar who preferred a wide berth of land or in their case, ocean. It would be too easy for one of their wolves to get caught in the tide while trying to cross and end up on the shore within Horizon Ridge’s territory — especially because there was no scent marker bordering the sea since that was entirely illogical. Up until that point they had no reason to think any wolves would be trespassing via the shore.

Ragnar inhaled deeply, the footfalls of his companions a small comfort as he neared the Totoka River, retracing his steps from the previous trip. “I had been exploring the Totoka River,” The name was officially butchered by Ragnar’s thick and heavy accent but he hardly cared at that point. There were more important things to worry about then butchering a territory name (which was not something he had much control over). “When the wind picked up from an oncoming storm and carried several scents my way,” He explained, finally, break his silence as he trudged through the shallows of the River, pausing to make sure they crossed safely before he led them forward into Sea Lion Shore. “I wanted your opinion on it, Verrine, on if you think it means they formed a pack on the isle, before I made any sort of approach,” He focused his gaze on the man before it flickered to Julooke offering her a small smile remembering her eagerness to learn his ways to teach his pups. “The scents disappear into the sea but there is a sandbar they must use to travel the small strip here, unless they swim.” He explained figuring that neither of them were aware of it.

His expression was stoic and contemplative as he stared at the Isle now in full view of him. In truth he could have easily swam the distance from Horizon Ridge but it was better, he felt, to take Verrine and Julooke the way he had originally discovered the trails. Beneficial for the Outrider. They served as explorers, as messengers but also as ambassadors and Ragnar wanted to be sure he knew what he was getting into before he went marching to their borders as one of Horizon Ridge’s ambassadors with his grim warning on his lips. “I recognize one of those scents from a male I chased out of Ravensblood Forest. He spoke of a pack called Silvertip Mountain and spoke that he did not intend to be there long. I suspect he has claimed the Isle, his scent leading to it is the heaviest,” Normally it would not have been Ragnar’s business, normally he would not have cared but the risk was too great, they were too close (as far as Ragnar saw, anyway) and his territorial instincts were heightened making him irate and willing to kill first, ask questions later to protect his family. The fact that the Ridge had not even been approached with the knowledge that the Isle was being claimed provoked suspicion and annoyance in the Viking. He was not sure of Pump’s entire feelings on it, or even if she would care but Ragnar cared. He was in charge of the pack’s safety and now he would have to have the Wardens extend their patrols to the shore because he couldn’t risk pack wolves traveling through their territory on the terms of an ‘accident’ because the currant had carried them further than they thought (and it could happen easily); especially given that the landslide had forced them to include the shore in their claim because it had taken up the bulk of the lands they had previously held claim too. "His name was Majesty," The Viking added coolly as if his name was something he had only just remembered, unimportant until that point.

He stopped where he had found the sandbar, the waves licking up against his legs as he turned to observe his subordinates. “If they have claimed it they need to be made aware that there are consequences for crossing to the mainland through our lands. The sea can carry you further than you thought and too easily could they find themselves coming into our shore. As Head Warden I will make my warning clear. I cannot do anything without Pump’s permission but I can and will make it clear that they are too close and that trespassers will be dealt with.” He did not mention how he envisioned on dealing with them because he had to clear his punishment ideas with Pump first. If it were up to Ragnar he would kill them for their crimes, it was in their nature. His nature. It wasn’t up to Ragnar and while he sometimes thought Pump was too lenient he had to do as she said and trust her to take his opinion into account and make the best decision, but he would push for his option because there were children. It didn’t matter if they had been someone else’s children, his answer would be the same. Children were vulnerable and it could not be assumed that the intent of the wolf was not meant to be bad. “Common courtesy would have been to at least inform Pump and I since we are the closet pack to it and have been around much longer.” Whether they agreed with him or not Ragnar didn’t care.

However, he was their Beta, and Ragnar had prided himself on being a fair leader (albeit harsh and gruff at times), on listening to his subordinates. “What are your opinions; your suggestions?” He asked both of them, letting them know that he would listen to what they had to offer him and at the very least consider it. Just because he was feeling extremely hostile, felt that he was well within his rights to be so, did not mean that he was correct on it.

Messages In This Thread
north sea storm - by Ragnar - May 29, 2014, 08:24 AM
RE: north sea storm - by Julooke - May 29, 2014, 09:57 AM
RE: north sea storm - by Verrine - June 02, 2014, 11:49 PM
RE: north sea storm - by Ragnar - June 03, 2014, 08:30 AM
RE: north sea storm - by Julooke - June 04, 2014, 03:29 PM
RE: north sea storm - by Verrine - June 06, 2014, 01:24 PM
RE: north sea storm - by Ypres - June 07, 2014, 02:43 AM
RE: north sea storm - by Ragnar - June 07, 2014, 07:38 AM
RE: north sea storm - by Julooke - June 09, 2014, 03:35 PM
RE: north sea storm - by Ypres - June 11, 2014, 05:39 PM
RE: north sea storm - by Verrine - June 12, 2014, 01:05 AM