Blacktail Deer Plateau and i won't say it again
101 Posts
Ooc — tweety bird
Forrest stood still for a moment, not really wanting to move while she processed Grayday's response; she wanted to make sure that the air was cleared before any further growth in the original problem had the chance to occur. After finding herself convinced that the acceptance was genuine, however, Forrest smiled and gave a hearty chuckle, I appreciate the help! They were around the same age, it seemed, so she assumed that Grayday could relate to the aches and pains of old age. 

She grabbed her most mouthful, a couple large chunks, and led the way back to her cache with a nod of her head. Once she'd gotten a chance to drop them down and begin digging at the snow covering the rest of her collection, she thought to make a new conversation, You know, I once worked for a woman even older than I am now. She didn't really communicate too well, in this language at least, but I remember the one thing that she told me that stuck with me for quite a while afterward. I think it went something like, 'A child...hm, a child is the birth of a dream.'

She had been trying for so long to bring someone new into the world and goodness, I felt honored to be the one to be there when she did it. Forrest looked at Grayday and smiled, shaking her head in silence. I feel the same way being here, you know. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'm assuming that you'll be welcoming a few new faces into the world later in the year. I can't imagine the trust that you would have to have to let me be a part of that process.

That was the truth; Forrest truly couldn't imagine because she'd never had to do it. She had been alone for each of her births, never really wanting anyone else in that space with her. But for the women who did want someone at their side, oh, she jumped at the chance to do that for them.
"Life is a winking light in the darkness."
Hayao Miyazaki
Messages In This Thread
and i won't say it again - by Forrest - January 22, 2018, 10:06 PM
RE: and i won't say it again - by Grayday Sr. - January 22, 2018, 10:31 PM
RE: and i won't say it again - by Forrest - January 22, 2018, 10:42 PM
RE: and i won't say it again - by Grayday Sr. - January 22, 2018, 10:56 PM
RE: and i won't say it again - by Forrest - January 22, 2018, 11:03 PM
RE: and i won't say it again - by Grayday Sr. - January 22, 2018, 11:12 PM
RE: and i won't say it again - by Forrest - January 22, 2018, 11:20 PM
RE: and i won't say it again - by Grayday Sr. - January 22, 2018, 11:44 PM
RE: and i won't say it again - by Forrest - January 22, 2018, 11:52 PM