Stone Circle someone
497 Posts
Ooc — Java
Master Ranger

He felt suddenly lost in the conversation, which didn't help anyone. Valette spoke of loss as if it were something so easily forgiven, as if time would mend her heart after the death of her daughter. Surely that would happen but for Larus, who had yet to see anyone in his life actually die, it sounded so alien to him. Valette seemed like such a hopeful, kind, and forgiving woman — all of which the young man appreciated — but he didn't know what to say when she asked him about his own losses. He had lost a lot in his short life. The trouble was, he didn't truly know just how much.

But he would oblige her as best he could.

I think I have, came his initial response. It sounded a bit cryptic and he took on a small look of disdain, frowning at himself for a second as he thought of the best way to phrase things — he'd never really told anyone about his life before, not really.

I've never had much of a family. For the longest time I thought my parents — my biological parents anyways, — I thought they hated me and my siblings. Someone told me once that they wanted me dead — as he said this he looked at Valette, not for sympathy or anything, but to make sure what he was speaking of did not disturb her. He was talking about attempted murder with someone who had just lost their own child after all. But I was rescued by a woman. She cared for me, and.. I like to remember her as a mother figure, even if we weren't related. He sighed as he remembered the dark-faced witch by the sea, the foggy recollection of his oceanside baptism floating to the surface in a flash. I think she might be gone. So I suppose... I suppose I lost her a long time ago.

There were others, of course. Kaskara, Scimitar, Bazi. Saena and Warbone. Saghani. But he couldn't think beyond the images of Caiaphas filling his mind; they were faceless, shifting, and fragmented. The memories of a little boy within the mind of an adult who had, at one point, done his best to hide from them.

Messages In This Thread
someone - by Larus - January 29, 2018, 03:32 AM
RE: someone - by RIP Valette - January 29, 2018, 07:00 AM
RE: someone - by Larus - February 04, 2018, 05:57 PM
RE: someone - by RIP Valette - February 06, 2018, 05:15 AM
RE: someone - by Larus - February 09, 2018, 11:12 PM
RE: someone - by RIP Valette - February 12, 2018, 05:49 AM
RE: someone - by Larus - February 13, 2018, 08:54 PM
RE: someone - by RIP Valette - February 15, 2018, 09:58 AM
RE: someone - by Larus - February 22, 2018, 07:48 PM