Noctisardor Bypass kneel
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
sorry idk why i keep writing novels

And this way forth a ghost comes, devoid of emotion as he greets her as if she is no more than a stranger. But she is used to that, and the burn of his lack of recognition is something that no longer fazes her. Instead, she places crooked smile to grace her teeth, turning only sour and clearly forced as he speaks in tune to blame her for things equally shared by all of Blackfeather Woods. "Crimes..." She hisses with a substanceless humour. "What crimes, husband?" Her eyes narrow a fraction, something subtly threatening behind the gesture and tone of which she says it. She can't help it, he has scratched an itch long since smouldering at the back of her mind, and though she may not acknowledge it, he had gotten to her in under a few words.

"Not loving you enough? Not letting boyfriend Damien rule over me when he was clearly never fit? Not being your subservient wife who would put you over my own dignity?"

Her words come out in raw emotion, etched into the fabric of her voice. It is too much, she reminds herself, the act is too good -- but she finds herself unable to stop, having pent up those words within the cavities of her mind for far too long. "I was your partner, your leader, the mother of your children. I gave everything I had for Blackfeather Woods and was never once thanked. Nothing was ever good enough for you, nor for them." She has lost herself, unable to get a tether on her thoughts as she says them. It as if a dam had been knocked down and the all secrets of the river were spilt out into the waterways, contaminating the existing life that already lived there. She was undoing everything she had tied up when she left the dark woods, setting free words she had never had the chance to before today. And hate-drenched words they were. "And then when I leave after years of being defied and disrespected, of being wished I was gone by all of you -- after I gave you what you wanted -- I am branded a traitor?" There is a glint behind her eyes, a true, unmasked fire that burns ever slowly, churning beneath the surface of her facade. It is wild, untamed by law and civility; and just balancing beneath her collected exterior. 

Nevertheless, she had not betrayed the dark woods. They had driven her out, and they knew it.

Her eyes cast away from his gaze return to his optics, dead set upon the cold irises she once knew. "I remember your words, 'All you want is power'. You were jealous. But you were right." She could not deny it, all she had ever done was in some form, an access to power. Even her children (and to this day she did not regret it) were tools she used to solidify her throne; surrounding herself with the only beings who would forever stay her most devoted loyalists. And they had played their parts well, for the most part. It was something she would not deny. It was something she was still proud of.

However, regathering her previous composure, she rectifies her perceived motive behind returning to the wilds that she is apparently no longer welcome to. "I am here to fix us, our family. You still miss me, no?" Her head tilts a fraction, as if to beg an honest answer from him. Most likely he will lie, but by now he ought to know that very few things get past her. "I have missed you." Lies. She steps forward, leaning her head into the crook of his neck, a familiar spot to her. She had cared about him once, she had even loved him, but such a time had long since passed. He had become weak, blinded by his own arrogance, to let himself believe he could venture near the storm unscathed. Kove would eventually pay for how weak he had made her feel that day, but perhaps, she simply wanted to relish in the serene nostalgia of simpler times the warmth of his neck brought for now. Or maybe that was a lie too; it was unlikely she knew herself.
the only way to keep your people loyal is
to make certain they fear you more than they do the enemy
Messages In This Thread
kneel - by Nemesis - February 01, 2018, 02:23 AM
RE: kneel - by Kove - February 01, 2018, 02:58 AM
RE: kneel - by Nemesis - February 01, 2018, 02:51 PM
RE: kneel - by Kove - February 12, 2018, 02:23 AM