Firefly Ravine energy in space was the ultimate bad father
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
"no, no," arturo murmurs his refusal of her apology in a low, smoky croon of reassurance. "you've got nothing to be sorry for, molly." the gangster offers his words to his daughter as she presses closer to him. fearghal's aren't sorry. and they weren't. he was not the kind of man ( if he was even a man at all, there is still heavy debate in his mind that he's always been the devil *ehem* ) that was apologetic. he didn't give them and he wasn't keen on accepting them. in regards to his daughter: he held nothing against her. she was a child. she made mistakes as children did...as roarke did. that was nothing that she had to apologize for. and while arturo may not be apologetic for his choices and actions in life he was known for forgiveness; yet even that came with a gangster's price. as with dakarai. arturo'd forgiven the man for his crimes but at the acceptance of the knowledge that he'd sell him out. that if arturo could go back and do it all over again he'd have sold him out to blackfeather woods the second that he showed up on teaghlaigh's doorstep.

arturo was ruthless, even in his mercy.

molly was his daughter and if there'd ever been a soft spot in his black heart it had been reserved for lotte and his children in equal parts. "you are fearghal. fearghals do not apologize." it earned him many enemies in his lifetime, sure, and would likely earn him plenty more before his life is over. it was the sacrifice he was willing to make for being free. "i am endlessly proud of you, molly." because despite the odds: she survived. he might not know this version of his daughter but he does not, even for a second, doubt that she will diminish his pride towards her.
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
RE: energy in space was the ultimate bad father - by Arturo - May 13, 2018, 06:12 PM