Sleepy Fox Hollow The Animal Antikythera
I AM WEASEL, HEAR ME ROAR
61 Posts
Ooc — Bryndel
Trying this again, urgh. -.- Stupid threadedeleting tablet muttermutter
...RUH roh.  X)  That length wasn't meant to be a challenge, srsly! Hahaha. ...I get the feeling Satet and Nynka are going to start getting together over tea just to bitch over dem wolf bitches and dogs.  :P  (Quick, canines, jump in and avert such a kvetchily narrow-minded fate! lolz.  X)  )
After this post though in all seriousness I will probably hold off a few more days deliberately, to make sure anyone who was interested has good chances to also hop in, hopefully.  :)

Felines were interesting creatures, ones that Nynka had a healthy respect or at least wariness of, by and large— as much wariness as she could automatically hold for any creature, at any rate. She had dabbled in cat-watching before, from a healthy distance, and could even find a few things in their stealthy and self-sufficient hunting style worth emulating. ...Nynka had been too preoccupied with her new playthings to see this one following her, however, or perhaps this cat was just that sneaky.

But whatever innate admiration she might have held for such beasts wasn't about to make her share her toys gracefully right off the bat. Nynka darted a quick nip at the white, boldly prodding paw that emerged to take a poke at the larger shiny boxcritter. Trying to steal another creature's kill, now that was just rude! Ey there, that's MINE! she screeched indignantly, in a shrill tone that was arguably just as bad as that of the shiny baby boxmonster she had been chewing on. I found it, I brought it here, and you didn't do a thing, feline! Despite her continuing protests however Nynka had already dodged back a few dancing steps, and darted her head down to grab up the smaller box again, at the very least. Perhaps the puma would insist on claiming the larger, but Nynka could surely at least escape with this part of her "kill." It sullenly protested her treatment of it with another couple of BLEEP-EEPITY-EEPs before quieting down again. Nynka, for one, was decidedly not impressed by anything that made such an audible fuss but wouldn't so much as kick or squirm once to preserve its own hide, however. She ignored its noises, save to shoot a sidelong glance at its mother to see if Big Shiny was still awake and seeing this maltreatement of its child. Her tiny green eye winked tellingly back at Nynka, who was more than a little stumped. Surely by now one of them should have changed up their reactions, since obviously their first squeal-and-hide-and-hope-it-goes-away tactics were proving ineffective in deterring predators, and in fact only seemed to be attracting more hungry beasts with every passing minute...

Nynka was brought up short by the twang of the umbilical cord as it quickly hit its limit and threw her off her stride. She dropped the Little Squealer, however, as her train of thought was also halted in its course by a fresh notion that had occurred to her, one that made her look down upon the shiny pair of aliens with a sudden fresh respect. Had the little things actually called the big kitty with their cries, or perhaps even some sort of more arcane ability they were hiding under their shells? Nynka had heard some very strange tales of the twolegs and the bizarre monsters they often allied themselves with, but had always held a healthy skepticism of such stories. Now she grinned wide and hard, though: perhaps she could gather some better data and stories of her own with this! And perhaps if another puma came to the box's calls, to distract the first... There was surely only one way to find out. Nynka jumped on the little box once more, biting down hard another several times and making sure it yelled out some good and loud sequences, perhaps stupidly thinking that if its mother wouldn't help it perhaps some other random passing puma might have a softer heart. Hah! BLEEP-EEP BEEPBEEP BLEEEEEP BEEP OOP! Stupid Squealer.

'Ey, cat, have you ever seen anything like these before? she called out with her nose twitching mischievously. She noticed in passing the cougar's strange coloration, but found plenty of other things a lot more interesting at the moment. Although maybe the big kitties were finally figuring out the secrets of changing color with the seasons, like the noble weasel. Good for them. Nynka danced from side to side a little in impatience, though, mentally dismissing the matter in favor of wanting to make sure the all-important questions she had would finally get some answers, ASAP: You don't happen to know how to get inside this bigger beastie's shell, now, do you?

For emphasis, she leaned with idle malice one on the smaller one a little harder, eliciting another protesting BLEEP! from its form. Now that was a much shorter tantrum than before; perhaps the thing was finally closer to giving up entirely and giving the victorious weasel her ultimate reward. Nynka licked her lips gladly.
Messages In This Thread
The Animal Antikythera - by Nynka - March 22, 2018, 10:58 PM
RE: The Animal Antikythera - by Satet - March 23, 2018, 02:35 AM
RE: The Animal Antikythera - by Nynka - March 26, 2018, 12:45 AM