Heron Lake Plateau My unicorn got run over by a tractor
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
Her heart hammered in her chest, and nervousness threatened to overrun her brain's ability to function at all when the subject turned more fully to the relationship they'd suddenly fallen into. It was funny, how she could be a trained midwife and know so much about birth and puppy-rearing, yet know so little about relationships and how they worked. Inwardly, she cursed her inexperience. Like Quixote, she felt more like a fumbling yearling than a fully-grown adult nearing her third summer.

He mentioned that hiding it might be fun, and she might have agreed with him if not for biology. They'd done the deed, now, and if there was any chance she could end up pregnant, than it was her duty to inform the alpha. If Towhee forbade the pups, there were a few courses of action Raven could take, none of which appealed to her in the least. But the first step was telling the truth and seeing what it got them, even if it was a big, heaping pile of oh shit.

She grinned at him, shrugging a little in response to his last statement. His uncertainty was adorable, and it was most definitely shared by her as well. "I mean...I like this..." she ventured, her eyes glancing at his fleetingly before darting away nervously. "We sort of did things...uh...fast. Kind of backward, actually. But I dunno. I don't want it to stop?" She chanced a look at him again, heart in her throat. What if he didn't feel the same? What if this was just nature taking its course, only to return to the way things had been before when her heat had run its course? She realized she needed to mentally prepare herself for the possibility of an answer she might not like, but at the same time, she wasn't sure she could bear to go back to being just packmates. Coworkers. Cordial hellos, smiles and nods in passing. She barely knew the guy, but there was something about him that she liked.
Messages In This Thread
My unicorn got run over by a tractor - by Quixote - April 28, 2018, 09:41 PM
RE: My unicorn got run over by a tractor - by Raven - May 02, 2018, 07:59 PM
RE: My unicorn got run over by a tractor - by Raven - May 02, 2018, 11:04 PM
RE: My unicorn got run over by a tractor - by Raven - May 03, 2018, 01:34 AM
RE: My unicorn got run over by a tractor - by Raven - May 05, 2018, 07:02 PM
RE: My unicorn got run over by a tractor - by Raven - May 07, 2018, 02:20 PM
RE: My unicorn got run over by a tractor - by Raven - May 07, 2018, 10:31 PM
RE: My unicorn got run over by a tractor - by Raven - May 08, 2018, 10:01 PM
RE: My unicorn got run over by a tractor - by Raven - May 09, 2018, 12:52 AM
RE: My unicorn got run over by a tractor - by Raven - May 09, 2018, 02:50 AM