Heron Lake Plateau My unicorn got run over by a tractor
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
He apologized for making things complicated, and Raven grinned a little at the irony of it. It was ironic because while it should have felt complicated and confusing, what had transpired between them felt like the most natural and wonderfully uncomplicated thing in the world. It felt right. It was everything else that was complicated: Towhee, the possibility of pups, the intricacies of building a relationship after the hormones had subsided...all of that. But what was happening between them now was as simple and free as it could get. She leaned in and tenderly touched his jaw with her nose, and her voice was soft as she commented, "You haven't complicated anything at all. This has been..." she leaned back now, searching for a more eloquent word but unable to come up with anything better than "...wonderful."

Nobody had ever been interested in her this way before. She'd had a few crushes in the past, and there had been little flirtations here and there, but it had been a very long time since any of that had happened. Over time, it seemed like Redhawk had become primarily a family pack, and Raven's romantic prospects had dwindled accordingly. She had channeled all her feelings on the issue into her work, becoming ever more reclusive as she focused on expanding her knowledge and refining her craft. Quixote had never shown her much interest before now, but she'd never made herself especially available for attention either. Now, with her heat, nature had just sped up what might have been inevitable, given enough time.

"I'd love it if you stuck around. I want to get to know you better," she continued, not at all bothered by the fact that she was saying that after they'd already gotten freaky. There was no denying that he'd awakened feelings in her toward him, and she couldn't bear the thought of going back to the way things had been before. Was this what it was to be mated to someone? She didn't know. With a wryly amused grin, she commented, "We do make a pretty sexy pair, if you ask me." There was no denying that the two black wolves looked good together, after all.
Messages In This Thread
My unicorn got run over by a tractor - by Quixote - April 28, 2018, 09:41 PM
RE: My unicorn got run over by a tractor - by Raven - May 02, 2018, 07:59 PM
RE: My unicorn got run over by a tractor - by Raven - May 02, 2018, 11:04 PM
RE: My unicorn got run over by a tractor - by Raven - May 03, 2018, 01:34 AM
RE: My unicorn got run over by a tractor - by Raven - May 05, 2018, 07:02 PM
RE: My unicorn got run over by a tractor - by Raven - May 07, 2018, 02:20 PM
RE: My unicorn got run over by a tractor - by Raven - May 07, 2018, 10:31 PM
RE: My unicorn got run over by a tractor - by Raven - May 08, 2018, 10:01 PM
RE: My unicorn got run over by a tractor - by Raven - May 09, 2018, 12:52 AM
RE: My unicorn got run over by a tractor - by Raven - May 09, 2018, 02:50 AM