Gilded Bay sat on the roof and kicked off the moss
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
EDIT 6/3: I just noticed that Hemlock has been placed on PPC. In the interest of wrapping up some of my older threads, I'm going to add an ending to this and fade it out so it can be archived. When you come back off PPC, though, I'd love another thread if you're interested! <3

She listened as the other explained her own thoughts on the sea, and she felt a little tickle of envy. To lay alongside these whispering shores at night, to feel the icy seawater kiss her toes each morning, to smell the briny perfume of the ocean on her children's fur...these were things that appealed to the romantic in her, and she wondered why no one in her family had ever thought to explore and settle somewhere on the coast. Her eyes followed the low waves that surged toward them, rolling to a fizzling hiss around her ankles, and she could understand the hazards such a place might pose -- particularly to puppies. But what did they miss out on in exchange for their inland safety?

Hemlock, she whispered under her breath, thinking it a lovely name. Her golden eyes moved back to her newfound companion as she added an introduction of her own, "I'm Raven Redhawk. My pack recently moved to Heron Lake Plateau, not terribly far from here. I am their alpha." She almost withheld her rank, not wishing to tarnish this chance meeting with formality or intimidation (not that she could imagine anyone looking at her would find her intimidating). But some part of her thought it wise that their neighbors know who she was. "Tell me about your pack, Hemlock?"

The two fell into step beside one another and walked the shoreline for a time after that, getting to know one another while sharing details about their respective packs and their shared interests in botany and medicine. Later that afternoon, Raven would depart to head back home feeling confident that she had made a new friend and forged the beginnings of a positive relationship with another pack in the wilds. She didn't think it was a bad start for a newly-minted alpha.
Messages In This Thread
sat on the roof and kicked off the moss - by Hemlock - May 08, 2018, 10:53 PM
RE: sat on the roof and kicked off the moss - by Raven - May 16, 2018, 03:35 PM