Redhawk Caldera I will be waiting for you on the other side of the frozen pines
813 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
This time, when Gannet strayed, he went home. Well, not home. But he was curious - @Hydra had told him the Caldera was empty, and he wished to see it himself. He had told her that he was going, and (I'm assuming) she had agreed (kit can punch me if I'm wrong).

So he left the mountain and shot west, enjoying still the sensation of running, even after all this time. In the winter at times his leg had stiffened, but now that spring was well under way, the air felt nice and the weather was perfect.

It was like she said... there was no one here. He paced through, searching, his tail low and his ears forward. Where had they gone? There had been a war.... had they really lost like Hydra thought? He didn't enjoy that idea, and his ears tilted back as he gazed at the lake. He'd chosen another family, but he hadn't revoked his own completely. They were still his blood.

He felt a surge of hope when he spotted the figure lying in the meadow a bit later, while ranging across looking for signs. But it turned to an ache when he realized he didn't recognize her. Well, maybe she knew?

"There was a pack." He said, no introduction, just a statement followed by a question. "D'you know where they are?"
Gannet's face and body are open books; you are more than welcome to distinctly notice any emotion written in his posts.
(Most thread titles come from Into the Fire from the Scarlet Pimpernel)