The Sunspire another head aches
if your wings are broken, borrow mine so yours can open too
130 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
As much as Clary wanted to talk, Red took the reigns before she had a chance and didn't give her much room to add anything on. So instead she half-listened, but mostly watched the wolves who had come to attend them. The first thing she noticed was that they were huge. Like, not fat, and not pregnant (goodness, no, not that) - but their muscles ran sleek beneath their frames, positively shrinking any mass of her own she thought she'd done pretty well at building up. And for some reason that bothered her, because holey-moley, this second guy - gosh, his eyes were just like the sunset, and she decided then and there that his insides had better look just as lovely as his face.

She only caught herself staring when Red shifted, and Clary flinched with nerves she didn't even know existed and scrambled over to the aid of her friend. The girl couldn't blink the stupid smile from her lips and her movements felt clumsy and big-pawed, but she tried to help anyway. Her eyes fell with Red's to the beat up skin, and though her friend offered a very formal explanation, Clary found herself giggling with the realization of what they'd just done, and how silly they must've looked while trying to get through the mountains with a flipping bison skin draped across their backs.

"Yeah, I think we both thought mom was nuts when she told us she wanted us to haul a bison skin up here!" and though she giggled, she caught herself once her words had been said, and the briefest strike of shock flashed across her face. Dang it! Curse her tongue, and both these cute boys! She grinned and scrambled for words to cover up her slip. "But I mean, it was so worth it still, because it's suuuper soft, and really nice! And if you have a healer, it'd make such a cozy nook for sick wolves to lay down and curl up in, or like, pups! Pups, yeah, I bet it would keep them warm, especially at night, or when it gets cold and starts to snow again... OH, oh, or you know what, it's actually kind of fun to hide under too or - hhmph - " she tucked her head with a sheepish grin when a laugh broke through her smile, "or, it's actually pretty fun to wear around and pretend to be a bison with, and y'know, I'd bet there are some folk who would get a kick out of that..." Yeah, like her, and she drew a paw across the ground. Thank the stars for her fur, because she could already feel the heat rising to her cheeks and spreading well across her face. Why did she have to be so stupid - she knew she was supposed to leave the talking up to Red - but she smiled nonetheless and just kind, you know. Tried to own it, and also not to think about it.
Messages In This Thread
another head aches - by FiraCardinal - June 14, 2018, 02:24 PM
RE: another head aches - by Clary - June 14, 2018, 09:43 PM
RE: another head aches - by Terance - June 15, 2018, 04:16 AM
RE: another head aches - by Pyro - June 15, 2018, 06:19 PM
RE: another head aches - by FiraCardinal - June 15, 2018, 10:59 PM
RE: another head aches - by Clary - June 16, 2018, 06:14 PM
RE: another head aches - by Terance - June 17, 2018, 03:17 AM
RE: another head aches - by Pyro - June 18, 2018, 03:04 PM
RE: another head aches - by FiraCardinal - June 18, 2018, 03:14 PM
RE: another head aches - by Terance - July 03, 2018, 02:33 PM
RE: another head aches - by FiraCardinal - July 03, 2018, 04:45 PM