Firefly Ravine while i pondered weak and weary
22 Posts
Ooc — Rin
Private 
for @Allan when you can post <3 set after this.

As any creature of dark fur or dark plumage knew, the summer sun was an angry and oppressive celestial being of sweltering heat and smothering humidity, making nighttime a pleasant and welcome reprieve from the daylight suffering.

A sleek shadow of obsidian fur, dimly illuminated with silver moonlight upon its back, calmly strode along the lazy river of Firefly Ravine, head hung low and silver eyes gleaming in the dark. A pleasant chill hung in the air, as did the lingering smell of ozone from the light rainfall that had graced the earth hours ago, and all around, fireflies floated about, their warm, amber lights blinking in and out of existence to the steady beat of the she-wolf's heart. Ebony ears turned and flicked, taking in the sounds of her surroundings with measured suspicion, but so far, all was quiet this night; just the ambient sounds of the amphibians that called this ravine home.

Once she got to an area where the riverbank was a bit wider, she slowed to a stop, leaned all of her weight backwards so as to give her forelegs a mighty stretch, and parted her jaws in a great yawn, porcelain fangs gleaming in the light—her attempt at shaking off travel weariness. Then, looking left to right, effectively up and down the bank, she turned around so as to face the gently flowing river and lowered herself completely to the ground, deciding this sheltered ravine was a good place as any to rest. The woman's chest and forelegs remained firmly planted on the ground while her lower half twisted to the right, allowing her hind legs to kick out and tail to kick out in relaxation, a contended sigh swelling in her chest and exhaling past dark, canine lips.

She took a brief moment to simply lounge and enjoy the sounds of her surroundings, ears flicking to the rushing water before her and the croaking of frogs around her, then she tilted her head back and wistfully gazed at the sky, unable to see the stars clearly through the clouds... but that wasn't what she was looking for. Her thoughts wandered to her raven companion, having recently passed through a rocky, mountainous area where the dark feathered birds had been quite common. Not that she... missed the creature, per se, but... suppose it was nice to have at least one familiar face in this new, foreign land... Silver eyes calmly blinked in tandem with another quiet exhale of breath.
Currently in western Snowforest Taiga and traveling to northern Rising Sun Valley
If your wolf is nearby and has a boo boo, feel free to tag her.
Additionally, her raven companion Caius frequently travels and checks in with her.
He is free to appear in any of her threads unless specifically made private.
Messages In This Thread
while i pondered weak and weary - by Invictus - June 28, 2018, 11:16 PM
RE: while i pondered weak and weary - by Caius - June 30, 2018, 12:07 PM
RE: while i pondered weak and weary - by Invictus - June 30, 2018, 11:41 PM
RE: while i pondered weak and weary - by Caius - July 01, 2018, 07:42 PM
RE: while i pondered weak and weary - by Invictus - July 02, 2018, 08:01 PM
RE: while i pondered weak and weary - by Caius - July 05, 2018, 09:11 PM
RE: while i pondered weak and weary - by Invictus - July 06, 2018, 05:27 PM
RE: while i pondered weak and weary - by Caius - July 15, 2018, 03:54 PM