Verdant Basin every road takes us farther from home
14 Posts
Ooc — markab
maya grumbled under her breath as soon as she'd gotten enough of it back to stop doing her best to hack up a lung, and smacked a paw into the water to underline her irritation, far enough away that she wouldn't just have a repeat of that incident, thank you very much. her ears wriggled for a moment, as though uncertain what position they wanted to take up, and ended flat against her skull. embarrassing. at least nobody had been around to see --

-- and then, as if to mock her, someone made a sound that was unmistakeably a snort. maya knew it, because it was also one of her signature responses to seeing something stupid when she wasn't instead laughing like a hyena. in other words, despite the fact that she certainly would have done the same in his position -- rude. she scowled, the expression on her face distinctly indignant, and swiveled her head slowly and with deliberate purpose in the direction of the offender.

the boy in question did not seem like he was that much older than she was, persay, but then she had difficulty judging by appearance alone when she was so tiny. she had perhaps gotten the short end of the stick on that one. but what she did not have in height she made up for in dramatics and a complete disinterest in watching her tongue in any way, shape, or form, and as he began to dole out his unwanted comments, all for the worse since he'd seen her fuckup, maya puffed up like an angry hedgehog.

"i don't care. and you can go stick your advice --" maya began, and then, all at once, actually registered the last sentence he'd spoken. she stopped short and squinted at him through narrowed eyes, waterlogged ears just about flopping over her face. 

what the actual fuck did 'dope' mean? no idea. but she could use her context clues. 

she straightened herself up, as much as one could when they currently resembled a drowned rat more than an actual wolf, and eyed him. "well, i didn't," she informed him unnecessarily. "they're stupid, and i move fast." she wiggled her toes as if to underline this statement. "anyways, it's not the first time i've done it." she stared at him for a moment longer, before the frown on her face broke into a smile and then a cackling bout of laughter. "and it was funny, right?"
Messages In This Thread
every road takes us farther from home - by Maya - July 29, 2018, 06:20 PM
RE: every road takes us farther from home - by Tegan - July 30, 2018, 07:32 AM
RE: every road takes us farther from home - by Maya - July 30, 2018, 01:08 PM
RE: every road takes us farther from home - by Tegan - August 08, 2018, 10:16 AM