Blacktail Deer Plateau Boys workin' on empty
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
He returned his focus to Kavik when he voiced his agreement, clearly filled with pride in a way only a leader could be. Then, the alpha asked what brought him to the wilds. The question was unexpected, but Corvus didn't mind answering. I was in a band of mercenaries, but it disbanded after we lost too many members. I traveled here on my own after that, He explained simply, mind lingering on his last sentence.

When the group disbanded, Corvus had been totally alone for the first time in his life. If his brother hadn't been lost in that final war, he'd have been right by his side as he always was. Corvus was not one to brood, but perhaps he hadn't given himself enough time to properly mourn the loss of his brother. He was not visibly upset, but it was clear he was absorbed in his thoughts from the distance in his gaze.

It was only in that moment the realization that he'd lost everything he once knew dawned on him. Corvus had been so focused on moving forwards that he didn't ever think to look backwards and acknowledge these feelings within himself... until now, when he stood with the alpha of his new pack, living a new life. The repressed emotions overcame him like a tidal wave, and he wasn't sure what to do with them―so now he stood like a statue with an expression that locked the turmoil behind unfeeling eyes.
Messages In This Thread
Boys workin' on empty - by RIP Kavik - August 24, 2018, 11:56 PM
RE: Boys workin' on empty - by Corvus - August 28, 2018, 06:20 PM
RE: Boys workin' on empty - by RIP Kavik - August 29, 2018, 02:01 PM
RE: Boys workin' on empty - by Corvus - September 11, 2018, 07:13 PM
RE: Boys workin' on empty - by RIP Kavik - September 14, 2018, 05:02 PM
RE: Boys workin' on empty - by Corvus - September 14, 2018, 07:50 PM
RE: Boys workin' on empty - by RIP Kavik - September 18, 2018, 12:30 PM