Duskfire Glacier But every stroke of luck has got a bleed through
12 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Left to her own devices, Amka wandered.

Her paws led her in no particular direction yet, she found herself following a winding path. It led her into the mountains, the dark conifers thinning out and giving way to ice and stone. 

The dark maw of the cave entrance drew her attention, dark ears pricking as the Yukon prowled forward on cautious steps. Her ears flickered softly, breath whuffing from her nose in a cloud of white as she listened for predators. 

Silence was all that met her ears and as the northerner neared the wide entrance, the evening light spilled upon a single cavern that appeared uninhabited. The scents within were stale, so old she could no longer tell what animal might have left them. Curiously, Amka peered inside, wondering if the other members of the tribe had missed the cave. 

The girl shifted, golden sunlight spilling over her shoulder to land on the formations jutting from the walls of the caves. Amka gasped in surprise for the walls of the cave glimmered!

Entering the cave revealed that there were a number of crystal formations jutting from the walls - some smaller than a bird's eye, others that reached the floor like stalactites - in a rainbow of colors. The sunlight shone on them - revealing loose crystals littering the floor that clattered as Amka's foot brushed against one - lighting the crystals aflame with a riot of colors.

An idea formed as the girl stared down at the pile of clear quartz at her feet. Stretching out on her dark belly, the girl spent several long moments arranging the crystals into a pile with her clumsy paws. 

After several long heartbeats a ray of light struck one of the crystals in her pile just so, the light bouncing reflectively off the nearest crystal and so and so forth.

The light bounced through the pile of quartz before lighting upon the shimmering cave walls. Colorful, artificial auroras danced on the walls and across her dark features - causing the Yukon to laugh aloud in sheer amazement that she had actually done it. 
"Are you insane like me, been in pain like me?

Are you deranged like me, strange like me?"
Messages In This Thread
But every stroke of luck has got a bleed through - by Amka - October 15, 2018, 10:35 AM