Whitefish River Oh, I'm a Maid, and I'm Pure and Fair--I'll Never Dance with a Hairy Bear!
I AM WEASEL, HEAR ME ROAR
61 Posts
Ooc — Bryndel
Homg I love Wraen, lol. It's always so great to see her at work  ;D  It's only just now occurred to me that she may be the wolf singly most responsible for Talos's and Nynka's collective egos to soon grow large enough to block out the sun.
And sheesh, not even close... you should see Jess's posts this month, likewhoa!  X) 

Wraen's imagination probably wasn't that far off: it seemed physically impossible for an ego so large to fit into so small a fuzzy noodle of a body, as Nynka's chest and ribcage swelled out another breath further yet in outpuffed pride, to go right along with her more-metaphorically ever-swelling head. She lapped the praise up more quickly and eagerly than the blood of a freshly-killed mouse, and it doubtless sustained her just as much as the latter, too. Without that overweening weaselly pride there wouldn't be a whole lot left to little Nynka after all, would there. Surely at any moment she might explode and get slimy weasel ego all over everything.

Nynka shook her head sympathetically not just at the foolishness of the other wolf she'd met from within this skull, but at the plight of all those poor stupid wolves out there... So very many of them, and with so little in the way of brains to spare between them. It was tragic, really. And Wraen was so fortunate to not be numbered among them, and to have instead gotten the lion's share of not just intelligence but also usefulness, talent, and sheer awesomeness. Of this Nynka was quite firmly sure. Still— How many weasels have you met? Nynka wondered aloud. Oh, never mind. It really didn't matter all that much to her, not when she had more important projects afoot that she was holding in mind. Just so long as none of those other, oh-so-much dumber weasels were trying to muscle in on her territory and her most favorite slave wolf here.

I need you to get that skull over to my burrow for me! said Nynka with ill-concealed glee. It was only a few territories away, after all, only up and down a few intervening mountains, as perhaps Wraen would remember if she knew how to get there from here—not that Nynka would really have felt much hesitation in ordering her all the way across an entire map or continent if necessary, either, to be fair. ...Or at least out as far as Northstar Vale. Yes? The skull was a bulky, heavy, awkward thing after all, and might prove quite difficult to carry very far... which wasn't that much of a concern for Nynka, except that it occurred to her rather suddenly that she did want to make sure she didn't break her pet wolf, here. She might need her again in the future to haul other things to and fro, after all, or order about on other random errands.