Shadowwyn Moor Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
85 Posts
Ooc — Jess
wc:589
--------------------------------------------------
His standoff with the cougar was quiet at first, as the two regarded each other weighing out their options. Bruges didn’t seem to think much of the cat, particularly with the fact that it appeared to be shorter than him. Perhaps a juvenile, he thought, oblivious to the fact that the cat was merely crouching, its body coiled and ready to leap into action and startle him with the fact that it’s at least twice the size Bruges imagined it to be. Fire, however, couldn’t simply stay put, and as she moved to his side Bruges turned his head to bare his teeth at her and growl, but in moving, he left himself open, and vulnerable.

The cat let out an almost pre-emptive snarl, an odd sound that seemed to be stuck within its chest as it further crouched and then sprang forward, crossing the distance between its launching point and the wolves in four easy bounds. Bruges was able to notice its rapid approach by the second bound, and thrust his shoulder perhaps a bit too roughly against Fire’s, hoping to push her out of the way and thwart any plans she had of joining in the battle. He was able to take a step forward and rear up to leap, but the cat was already descending upon him before he could meet it in the air. For all the nimbleness that once gave Bruges an upper hand, it seemed in that dark and horrible moment that Bruges realized it would never be enough.

The cougar’s momentum pushed him back and slammed him into the ground on his side, forcing the wind out of him and nearly knocking him senseless. Panic caused him to snap back at the cougar whose fangs sank deep into the flesh of his near shoulder, and he managed to catch the cougar just above its shoulder. If only he’d reached a half a second earlier- he might have been able to cleave the cougar’s vein with his lower canine, but time was not on his side that day. Still, his bite was enough to make the cougar recoil and pull itself from his grip, leaving four long, deep marks where his fangs had torn. It lifted one heavy paw and smacked it heavily across the bridge of Bruges’ snout, causing the male to let out a high pitched cry of pain. It reached to bite him again, and even though stars danced before his vision, he managed to catch the cat by its jaw. Biting down, he did his best to hang on, sinking his two upper canines just below the cat’s lower lip while his two lower fangs curved into the soft and tender flesh just below his jawline. Caught like that, the cat tried to wheel backward, but was unable to free itself from Bruges’ grip. It wasn’t a place he could use to kill the cat- but he could at least keep it still.

”Grrt Errrrt!” He snarled at Fire, and the command lit a fire in his eyes. He wouldn’t have her stick around- not when the cougar could so easily kill them both. ”Rrrrdhrrrks!” He gritted, and shut his eyes as the cougar tried to shake its head this way and that in hopes of making him release. Then came the claws, raking down each of his shoulders. Like a stubborn dog with his jaws clenching more and more each second, he spared one more desparate, disparate look for Fire.

”Trlll Nvvvv.”
--------------------------------------------------
Messages In This Thread
Babe I'm Gonna Leave You - by Bruges - November 22, 2018, 02:35 PM
RE: Babe I'm Gonna Leave You - by Fire - November 22, 2018, 02:42 PM
RE: Babe I'm Gonna Leave You - by Bruges - November 22, 2018, 02:51 PM
RE: Babe I'm Gonna Leave You - by Fire - November 22, 2018, 02:58 PM
RE: Babe I'm Gonna Leave You - by Bruges - November 22, 2018, 03:24 PM
RE: Babe I'm Gonna Leave You - by Fire - November 22, 2018, 03:52 PM
RE: Babe I'm Gonna Leave You - by Bruges - November 22, 2018, 04:16 PM
RE: Babe I'm Gonna Leave You - by Fire - December 16, 2018, 03:11 PM