Shimmering Sands up with the sun, gone with the wind
bowsprit
231 Posts
Ooc —
Again, he dipped his snout in a grateful nod, but his ears turned back to the unfamiliar name. I wouldn't know, honestly.. he said, finding it as likely as not. His dad probably had brothers, just as his granddad had brothers all of his own before so. Surnames were strange, he just carried it out of habit—and because it did make him think of the long forgotten, terribly brief days of peace and bliss in the Hollow once.

Really though, this Alya could even be his sister or a distant nothing for all he knew. He was, and had been for quite some time, very removed from the vast sprawling branches of his family, immediate and otherwise. He hadn't seen his mom in years, and his dad in even longer. Siblings? They were distant, faraway faces. Larkspur's golden fur, he remembered sometimes, and the little v-shape on Pippin's back. Besides that, he did not know if any of his more immediate family lived, died, bred, or went extinct.

He rarely even mentioned it, and this time, it earned him this knowledge too and quite frankly, he wasn't sure how to feel about it. He would keep it (Moonspear), but besides Qilaq, there was nothing else driving him. Maybe Moonspear would know something about what he sought. I'll see if I come across them.. he mentioned, although it could be strange to see family again (distant, or imagined?), so he was not the sort to go hunting for them. I should go. I will remember your Grove.. he said, and turned to slid into a long trot off towards the coastlines beyond, after muttering some more vague gratitude and farewell under his breath too. Close enough. He had to go.
Messages In This Thread
up with the sun, gone with the wind - by Silas - November 25, 2018, 12:01 AM
RE: up with the sun, gone with the wind - by Aditya - November 25, 2018, 01:49 AM
RE: up with the sun, gone with the wind - by Silas - November 25, 2018, 05:05 PM
RE: up with the sun, gone with the wind - by Aditya - November 25, 2018, 10:19 PM
RE: up with the sun, gone with the wind - by Silas - November 28, 2018, 10:28 PM
RE: up with the sun, gone with the wind - by Aditya - November 28, 2018, 10:40 PM
RE: up with the sun, gone with the wind - by Silas - November 29, 2018, 10:00 PM
RE: up with the sun, gone with the wind - by Aditya - December 05, 2018, 10:11 PM
RE: up with the sun, gone with the wind - by Silas - December 08, 2018, 12:45 AM
RE: up with the sun, gone with the wind - by Aditya - December 11, 2018, 11:11 PM
RE: up with the sun, gone with the wind - by Silas - December 16, 2018, 03:22 AM