Heron Lake Plateau now this is a story all about how my life got flipped, turned upside down
587 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Ranger
She smiled thinly at him. Tegan called her by both given names, not to mention a whole slew of others: some insulting, almost all affectionate. Her expression twisted when he reminded her of the terms of their deal. Bat began shaking her head and mouthing "no" even before he finished.

"I'd never throw you under the bus, bruh!" she insisted vehemently. "I'd never do that to you," she repeated a little more quietly. It was important he knew that.

That watery smile returned when Tegan referred to her brother; she didn't bother correcting him. Her heart warmed when he gave her an out, offering himself as a distraction and an excuse. Fuck, I love him, Bat thought without thinking (???).

She was so touched by Tegan's sincerity and overwrought by the entire situation that she wanted to cry some more. But she contained herself and nodded eagerly. "You know how much I hate spending time with you," she joked a little weakly. "I'm glad you're feeling back to normal," she added, the news visibly cheering her.