Ocean's Breath Plateau looking back, i almost thought i heard you say
no cost too great
62 Posts
Ooc — nil
Away
All Welcome 
naturalist thread III ; meteorologist dabbling
the plateau-- she equated it with home, the salt-kissed winds from the ocean as the clouds slowly rolled in overhead-- amatsu took a deep breath in, filling her chest with the saline air before exhaling with a dreamy sigh. the view of the ocean from where she had been standing was nothing less than divine; the subtle sparkle of the water underneath the sunlight in the cold winter air caused her body to relax-- she had felt safe here. the way the plateau overlooked the coast was something out of a storybook, however what she was most interested in was the sky.
laying down, she titled her muzzle upwards to observe the clouds. the way they move, the direction, feeling the wind on her fur as she pondered about the weather. born of storms, she could commonly tell when they were coming-- or she thought so, anyway. the air, although salty and cold, did not smell of storms. sniffing the atmosphere, there wasn't much she could make of it-- the air was cold, salty, the slightest bit humid... the clouds, although not dark, were slowly starting to consume the sky; sunlight struggling to peek out. the shuck's tail swayed lightly on the ground as she continued to fill her senses, a desire to understand and predict the clouds growing-- she was the goddess of storms, after all, and while she might not be able to control the weather... it was in her best interest, perhaps, to learn more about it.
maybe, the more she learns, the more she'll understand herself.
maybe one day, amatsu will be able to predict when the next god is being born.
☆ a m a t s u m a g a t s u c h i 
the west wind is silent.
i am simply there to fill gaps between the others,
never to be felt on my own.
i am blank, now, but a breeze once blew through me.
Messages In This Thread
looking back, i almost thought i heard you say - by Amatsu - December 09, 2018, 04:51 PM