Heron Lake Plateau if it's meant to be, it'll be, it'll be
587 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Ranger
His frank and unexpected confession left Bat at a loss for words, which was fine because Tegan quickly launched into an explanation. She listened, feeling sympathetic despite herself, and she permitted herself to feel relief too. His anger hadn't been in character, nor had it really been directed at her, at least fully. Tegan went on to say that he hadn't meant what he'd said and Bat's heart floated up into her throat, where it beat hard and fast when he admitted how he'd really feel if she left him.

But... "I wouldn't ever leave you," Bat said in a hushed voice. "I shouldn't have asked it right then. I don't know why I did. It was shit timing," clearly. "But I wouldn't go anywhere without you. That was the point." She swallowed self-consciously, wondering if she was giving herself away.

Suddenly, Tegan's angry voice echoed in her head. "Ask me to come with you? Expect me to leave my whole fucking family to follow around some kid?" "But just so we're totally clear," she said in a very small voice, choosing her words carefully, "you did mean the part about not 'following around some kid,' right?" She smiled sadly, afraid he might get mad again, afraid he might answer affirmatively, afraid of finding out for certain Tegan didn't and would never feel the same way about her.
Messages In This Thread
if it's meant to be, it'll be, it'll be - by Bat - December 11, 2018, 12:09 AM
RE: if it's meant to be, it'll be, it'll be - by Tegan - December 11, 2018, 12:20 AM
RE: if it's meant to be, it'll be, it'll be - by Bat - December 11, 2018, 09:10 AM
RE: if it's meant to be, it'll be, it'll be - by Tegan - December 14, 2018, 10:35 PM
RE: if it's meant to be, it'll be, it'll be - by Bat - December 15, 2018, 01:03 PM
RE: if it's meant to be, it'll be, it'll be - by Tegan - December 15, 2018, 05:26 PM
RE: if it's meant to be, it'll be, it'll be - by Bat - December 15, 2018, 11:12 PM
RE: if it's meant to be, it'll be, it'll be - by Tegan - December 15, 2018, 11:29 PM
RE: if it's meant to be, it'll be, it'll be - by Bat - December 15, 2018, 11:48 PM
RE: if it's meant to be, it'll be, it'll be - by Tegan - December 15, 2018, 11:56 PM
RE: if it's meant to be, it'll be, it'll be - by Bat - December 16, 2018, 12:05 AM
RE: if it's meant to be, it'll be, it'll be - by Tegan - December 16, 2018, 12:12 AM
RE: if it's meant to be, it'll be, it'll be - by Bat - December 16, 2018, 12:19 AM
RE: if it's meant to be, it'll be, it'll be - by Tegan - December 17, 2018, 10:33 AM