Otter Creek deep six
method to the madness
99 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
caught like a child with their hand in the proverbial cookie jar.

Huntington was nothing if not inwardly amused by the reaction. her outer self, however, remained emotionless as always. she merely stared at the other woman, regarding her before speaking. a slight chuckle entered her tone. forced, perhaps, to better connect with the company. "am I?" she mused, shifting her head away from the other to gaze about. she did not seem taken by the flattery. no, she was not a woman to be vain. she merely existed as she was. genetics, DNA... all factors in one's appearance. there was nothing beautiful about it. it was a fact. merely a fact.

however, she could not (as much as she could) leave the other 'hanging' with that reply. her body forced itself forward into the lull of conversation. "I have been asked if I was perhaps a floating skull" she went on, eyes drifting back to the other "I wonder what one I prefer more? beautiful or floating? surely there is a gain in both?" she did not expect the other to reply to such a thing. she was merely ranting quietly to herself. Huntington was not offended by the other, nor any other than this one. it took much to break her shell, the wall she had placed up.

however, the other had done little to warrant offense. mere curiosity. she could not fault that. "ah... my manners have escaped me. I am called Huntington."

Messages In This Thread
deep six - by Huntington - December 18, 2018, 07:32 PM
RE: deep six - by Lucy - December 19, 2018, 12:38 AM
RE: deep six - by Huntington - December 19, 2018, 12:49 AM
RE: deep six - by Huntington - December 19, 2018, 02:01 PM
RE: deep six - by Huntington - December 23, 2018, 06:25 PM
RE: deep six - by Huntington - December 29, 2018, 08:59 PM
RE: deep six - by Lucy - December 19, 2018, 01:02 AM
RE: deep six - by Lucy - December 23, 2018, 01:00 PM
RE: deep six - by Lucy - December 28, 2018, 10:26 PM
RE: deep six - by Lucy - January 05, 2019, 05:07 PM