Dragoncrest Cliffs This bond we share, it's the most real thing to me.
[time & tide]
479 Posts
Ooc — -
Guardian
Warrior
They fell into stride together beneath a singular goal. Despite all of the silence that consumed the moment on their walk, he took his comfort from it all the same; he was at ease there, and beside his son? Even better. When the sorrow was removed, it was routine--expected, and just as it should be. Now the part that was missing remained their loved ones who were no longer waiting for their return to spend the downtime in their welcome company. He tried not to dwell--so he told himself, but it had become woven down to his very core, part of who he had been, and still was today even without.

None of it was easy. His ears fell back, and he nodded. I do too.. he sighed, part because of the subject, and in part due to how badly his tiredness seeped out into his words. Everyday, always, he added, quieter. While the closure of her death had resolved some worries, it had given him new pains just the same.

Dio had lost his other half, but Dacio and Opalia had lost their mother. He worried about them, and kept an eye on his silvery son for probably longer than necessary after he answered. His hurts had to be unimaginable. The wocha had no concept of his own mother, or what it meant to lose her--he had been orphaned too young to even remember her for anything more than warmth and a pale white coat. I know it's not easy without her. How have you been..? he asked, seeming almost careful about his phrasing.

His answer wouldn't be easy, but he was glad he kept going on thanks to even the simplest moments like these even if they ailed, ached, and suffered together.
Messages In This Thread
RE: This bond we share, it's the most real thing to me. - by Dio - January 09, 2019, 08:39 PM