Alpine Lake Deep Freeze
587 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Ranger
"Guess I should go visit mom," Bat mused to @Tegan over breakfast, "see how things are going over there." Naturally, he offered to go with her. Normally she would accept in a heartbeat. But she chewed on the inside of her cheek before shaking her head. "Nah, I need to give her some quality mother/daughter time. I just hope she has the time..."

And she'd gone to the copse, like she'd said, and even caught Wildfire out patrolling. She should've known the woman would make time for her, despite how busy she must be. Bat insisted on joining her on her rounds. They made a full circle around the copse before Bat bade her mother goodbye, asking her to say hello to @Sequoia and even @Kiwi.

Instead of heading straight home afterward, Bat decided to do some exploring. The day was still young, after all. She followed the stream that flowed into the copse, walking in the opposite direction of the current, which was stilled by winter's frosty breath. When she came upon a mountain with several small, frozen waterfalls tumbling down its flank, Bat stared in wonder. It made her think of the glacier where Tegan had found her. Just like that day, she decided to climb.

When she reached the top and found herself at the edge of a sunken lake, Bat sucked in a breath. Her attention was swiftly drawn to a dark shape venturing out onto the ice. She stood there and watched, wondering what the hell she would do if the stranger fell through into the frigid water.
Messages In This Thread
Deep Freeze - by RIP Tzila - December 30, 2018, 11:03 PM
RE: Deep Freeze - by Bat - December 30, 2018, 11:15 PM
RE: Deep Freeze - by RIP Tzila - January 02, 2019, 05:21 PM
RE: Deep Freeze - by Bat - January 02, 2019, 05:42 PM
RE: Deep Freeze - by RIP Tzila - January 02, 2019, 08:17 PM
RE: Deep Freeze - by Bat - January 02, 2019, 08:47 PM
RE: Deep Freeze - by RIP Tzila - January 03, 2019, 09:40 PM
RE: Deep Freeze - by Bat - January 07, 2019, 09:37 AM
RE: Deep Freeze - by RIP Tzila - January 12, 2019, 04:51 PM
RE: Deep Freeze - by Bat - January 14, 2019, 10:52 AM
RE: Deep Freeze - by RIP Tzila - January 21, 2019, 10:36 PM