Totoka River if given a knife and a hand in which to hold it, the mind would eventually eat itself
I hear the drums echoing tonight
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
Up close, Embry could smell the fresh tang of dried blood on the boy's flank. The idiot's wounded, he thought with a twinge of dry humor.

He enjoyed the smooth thud of contact that tremored through his body, noting how the sand somewhat palliated the full strength of the blow. In the tendrils of his mind, Embry knew what he was doing: he was going to give this dark fellow a chance to actually learn something in a fight. 

He felt legs clip at his lower portion and responded accordingly, keen to protect the layer of flesh between the world and his organs. Instead of completely backing off, though, he dove straight for the checkmate. He needed to get some sweat into this guy; make him really squirm. No more just pushing. This was survival. And he was aiming for the neck.
ϟ
​I stopped an old man along the way,
hoping to find some long forgotten words or ancient melodies.
He turned to me as if to say,
"Hurry boy, it's waiting there for you".
Messages In This Thread
RE: if given a knife and a hand in which to hold it, the mind would eventually eat itself - by Embry - January 07, 2019, 07:20 PM