Shadewood and fear is the most divine emotion
3 Posts
Ooc — mads
@Wintersbane

For the most part, the land was peaceful and silent - there was a pleasant hum in the air that, despite the chill and the fog that shrouded the area, aided in comforting her. Despite it being silent and the birdsong long retreated, the eerie woodwork that she passed through did not bother her as much as it perhaps would if she had not experienced it before. But she had - in fact, she was raised within the forested areas and from that, she knew how the trees were affected by storms, by snow, and most importantly by the seasons. Most birds had retreated to warmer climates - Azalea had simply gone farther in. Despite her best efforts of wanting to explore more of the world and not be stuck solely in the forested world that she had been stuck in her entire life, it seemed as if the forest was neverending.

The girl breathed out lightly, her chest deflating as her own breath fissured into view and then escaped into the atmosphere. Cold - it was cold, and the night would only bring the numbing chill that plagued her skin and chattered her teeth. The shadows crept upon the trees, tall and old and different but similar in the sense that they were still trees. She was getting somewhere at least - where? She wasn't quite sure.

The golden tendrils of the last light now faded over the horizon now reminded her that soon the frosting that littered her back would freeze further into light snow. Winter was finally upon them. A sigh fell from her lips - walking aimlessly wasn't going to get her anywhere or find her shelter for the night and thus she began to scout for some sort of dip. A den wouldn't do - it was too high maintenance. She needed something temporary, something- she crashed into something hard and stern and with a yelp, she lept backward. Oh, it wasn't a tree, no, it was someone. Light green eyes looked up at the mass of dark fur. "I-I am so sorry. I... got lost in thought, I didn't even-"  God this sounded pathetic. Her ears flattened against her head. "I didn't even see you."
Messages In This Thread
and fear is the most divine emotion - by RIP Wintersbane - January 06, 2019, 05:39 PM
RE: and fear is the most divine emotion - by Azalea - January 06, 2019, 06:13 PM
RE: and fear is the most divine emotion - by Azalea - January 06, 2019, 09:15 PM
RE: and fear is the most divine emotion - by Azalea - January 07, 2019, 08:40 PM