Heron Lake Plateau And I am losing more each day it seems
612 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
herd you want an 1am post, rite?

That was not what he was expecting to hear.  Like... At all.  Then again, he probably looked like he'd been mentally smacked around through this whole thing.  It was not how he was expecting his day to go.  And so in a sense Niamh got the raw version of Quixote -- kind of wandering sentences, and unwilling to make arguments for stuff that seemed to be pretty much already decided.  He was by definition awkward, and this was one of those times.

Okay, I guess that explains a little.  But damned if Quixote didn't look confused still.  But this time it wasn't because of Niamh acting like a reasonable person, it was because Colt even gave her a chance.  From his position, Quixote had been sure that Colt wouldn't give her a chance for ages.  Why would he bother?  She needed to grow up and for the most part nobody did that virtually overnight.  But apparently that had been enough of a wake up call.  Maybe.  Time would tell.  It didn't really leave him with much to say, though.  I'm sure you realize how lucky you are to have that chance.  I hope it goes well for you both.  Just... Yeah.  I get it I guess.  Honestly, what else could he say that didn't sound totally obvious and/or condescending?  Don't screw up your life again?  It was better for him to just decide to not to say anything because it was probably going to be stupid.  But what was the point of it all?  Like there was this whole blowout and they ended up together anyway.  They could have come back.. But chose not to.  Why did it even happen in the first place? Ugh.  He was a little useless.

And he shrugged.  Towhee... I'll keep an eye on her.  She hasn't exactly been buddy-buddy with me lately, but hopefully she's just being normal-pissed and I haven't missed something major with her too.  Dealing with Niamh had burned a few bridges, but he wasn't sure if he'd completely torched them or if they just needed some repairs.  It wasn't like that was a thing he was good at either.  He already knew Towhee was just irritable in general, but had pretty much assumed that was just her nature.  Maybe it wasn't?  But then wouldn't Raven had said something?  Hell, at least she wasn't an alpha any more.  He'd just have to make sure to cut her off at the pass if something else happened.
Messages In This Thread
And I am losing more each day it seems - by RIP Niamh - January 16, 2019, 01:29 PM
RE: And I am losing more each day it seems - by Quixote - January 16, 2019, 11:55 PM
RE: And I am losing more each day it seems - by RIP Niamh - January 17, 2019, 05:33 AM
RE: And I am losing more each day it seems - by Quixote - January 18, 2019, 01:12 AM
RE: And I am losing more each day it seems - by RIP Niamh - January 19, 2019, 03:01 PM
RE: And I am losing more each day it seems - by Quixote - January 27, 2019, 03:53 AM
RE: And I am losing more each day it seems - by RIP Niamh - January 29, 2019, 12:16 AM
RE: And I am losing more each day it seems - by Quixote - February 10, 2019, 01:58 AM