Stavanger Bay all shades of blue
I hear the drums echoing tonight
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
Embry was relieved to be freed from the brunt of the cold, though he found that the absence of the beating tide was perturbing. There was a rush in the metric of the ocean that no other elemental power withheld — a constant drum. When he exited, it was as though the drum had diminished to nothing but the simple tapping of his heart against a cage; quiet, melancholy. 

Nevertheless, he believed that he was, at least somewhat, learning how to navigate his cryptic leader. There was something very solemn in his manner of speech; it was always terse as the undercurrent — quick to ebb and stealthy at that. Embry gazed sidelong at the man.

"For how long I have awaited it, I must say I'm partial to claim it has been... paradise," and he smiled at the thought: he, seaside for the remainder of his life. The passion was evident in his stride; in his voice. "I can only imagine what it will be like without the warmth sucked out of it... I fear I might become a pup again." 

Embry set his orbs upon the sand ahead. He watched the water ripple along the strand, pushing against land and propelling back within itself. This land was teeming with the many themes of life; the lessons that no flesh and bone could ever inscribe.
ϟ
​I stopped an old man along the way,
hoping to find some long forgotten words or ancient melodies.
He turned to me as if to say,
"Hurry boy, it's waiting there for you".
Messages In This Thread
all shades of blue - by Ford - February 07, 2019, 02:53 PM
RE: all shades of blue - by Embry - February 07, 2019, 04:22 PM
RE: all shades of blue - by Ford - February 10, 2019, 05:48 PM
RE: all shades of blue - by Embry - February 10, 2019, 07:25 PM
RE: all shades of blue - by Ford - February 13, 2019, 09:33 PM
RE: all shades of blue - by Embry - February 13, 2019, 11:48 PM
RE: all shades of blue - by Ford - March 21, 2019, 06:21 PM