Wapun Meadow The delicate art of bird herding
105 Posts
Ooc —
Gonna nudge @Siqsa again[ooc]. Also, let me know if I need to edit anything.
[/ooc]
Sorin watches Siqsa stalk away carefully, nodding imperceptibly to himself as the man heads toward the edge of cover. Sorin turns toward Liri again, seeing the determination in her eyes as she nodded in conformation. he grinned briefly, hunting always made him eager too. "Try to keep my tail in sight, I'll give you signals that way. Straight up is either stop or don't pursue, anything to either side means herd a bird back." He hoped it wasn't too much information at once. He had confidence in her abilities though, she wouldn't have survived this long without them. "You'll do fine" he murmured, before diving into the brush.

Sorin slowed pushed his way through the thick cover, going slow so as to not kick the birds up too soon. Pheasant hunting this way took a lot of delicacy. Push too aggressive, and the birds would fly early, Push too passive, and the birds would split up and run in a million different directions, or reach the edge of cover before the pushers could position themselves to be part of the catching. He had to try and keep them going somewhat straight out ahead, towards were Siqsa lay in wait, and he had to keep up, without being overly fast. It took a lot of patience and careful scenting and listening, because there was no way to see the birds in all the thick brush.

Suddenly, Sorin heard a bird run off from the main group, heading to his right. He briefly flicked his tail in that direction, slowing down slightly to allow Liri time to bring the bird back towards the main group. they were close to the edge now, so it would likely be time to spring the trap once Liri presumably brought the bird back towards Siqsa. Sorin stopped altogether after a few more careful paces, waiting.

After a few more moments in which he hoped Liri had succeeded, Sorin flicked his tail straight up, signaling Liri to stop and hopefully catching Siqsa's attention as the ready sign. He could hear the pheasants, just on the edge of the cover. He then slammed his tail down horizontal with his back, springing forward with a burst of speed and startling the pheasants fully out of cover. The birds started to fly, but Sorin had a bead on on and leapt after it, aiming just above where the pheasant was starting to lift off. As the bird caught sight of him, it increased its upward pace, right into the shadow's waiting jaws.

He wrenched the pheasant back down and quickly dispatched it with a bite to the neck, his mouth full of feathers and the metallic tang of blood. Sorin turned towards the others, curious to see how they had fared.
Messages In This Thread
The delicate art of bird herding - by Sorin - February 21, 2019, 02:08 AM
RE: The delicate art of bird herding - by Síff - February 21, 2019, 02:37 AM
RE: The delicate art of bird herding - by Sorin - March 11, 2019, 10:05 PM
RE: The delicate art of bird herding - by Síff - March 15, 2019, 01:24 AM