Silvertip Mountain I was told there's only one road that leads you home
إذا تم العقل نقص الكلام
104 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
no problem :D

Marruz had never encountered another living soul upon the mountain. Indeed, he had assumed it to be barren of organic interest, and, therefore, the perfect hub for his introverted self to roam. He was always self-aware, nonetheless, but when it came to Silvertip, he had always relaxed more upon the pretense of total isolation... 

Was that a sound nearby? His consciousness pestered him — told him to open his eyes and stop daydreaming. But he only cocked his ears with a sniff of disinterest, furrowing his brow in a detached kind of way and pacing almost right past the manifest creature perched a matter of breaths away. 

It wasn't until he was a few pawsteps ahead that something flared in his peripherals. Immediately, Marruz activated alert mode. It was something characteristic to the boy: outwardly, his exterior grew eerily still; inwardly, his senses were traversing the entire vicinity. He could tell by what little he had seen that the wolf was female, and, by the sound of it, perhaps not the strongest at the moment. The facts settled him enough to resist fleeing: he was an adolescent, after all, and he couldn't outright take on a mature male. But this girl... Well, maybe he could just keep walking. 

Marruz's indigo eye flickered over towards the fellow yearling. He was surprised to meet another one so young that was not a Melonii, and, in a rare dismissal of his indifferent nature, the surprise glinted within his mellow gaze. After all, he was fortunate to have found a pack to rely on for the winter scarcity. How could she possibly manage to survive like this?

He scanned her for a brief pause; made sure the fae was aware that he had seen her. And then he straightened his broad and developing shoulders, and parted his maw with what that dry humor of his. "Would you like to attack me? It would make it easier if I just stood here. I think there's a nice drop nearby, too." 

Marruz was odd like that. He liked being unpredictable and he liked finding himself in new situations. His orbs blinked resolutely at the female, cow-like in their complacency. A light wind brushed at the statue of his frame, buffeting his fur in a barrage that only grew colder by the second. He held her gaze; tried to unveil why she was here and not with her family. Why she was alone, and why it seemed so familiar. 

ابن النجوم
"son of the stars"
Messages In This Thread
RE: I was told there's only one road that leads you home - by Marruz - February 24, 2019, 11:40 AM