Stone Circle ; all have been led astray
17 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Oath was more than aware how she was coming off to the younger male, but she simply quirked a sharp smile his way. Debated winking, but figured that'd be overkill. She had already, thoroughly, made an ass of herself. His silence didn't faze her.

It was when a towering form, a mountain of a brute, appeared that Oath's smile turned positively feral. She knew she was playing a dangerous game at this point; neither of these males would have to try very hard to scoot her back over the border. In fact, both of them could probably scruff her and cary her angry flailing self across the border and drop her in a lake. Or something more unpleasant. Fortunately, or unfortunately, her resolve was stronger than any fear she knew she should have been feeling. Goose. It was all for Goose. And, for Goose, she'd swallow some of the pride and attempt civility. Attempt.

She gave an amused hiss at Greybacks attempt to break the tension. It was appreciated, so she made sure to soften her gaze at him and pointedly ignore the younger male, Merrit, who now obsolete in the presence of what she automatically knew was someone in a leadership role. So she listened, head cocked easily. When he was done, Oath squinted at them both. Greybacks words about their 'titles' had left a bad taste in her mouth, but she sighed and spoke up, weighing each word, "Oath." She drawled.

She motioned at herself with her paw. "Desperate times call for desperate measures," She started a little dramatically, flicking an ear at Goose. Oath had already noticed that Greyback had also discovered the white and she cursed the ridiculously keen eyesight these boys had. "Winters are hard for a lone wolf," She stated and glanced between the males, unsure if either of them would understand in totality. Merrit was young and likely born here, and Greyback.. had likely not gotten that big by starving. "So. She needs a place to stay. I can't keep her fed, and I can't keep her safe. Everything up to now has been dumb luck, a fluke." Her words were lazy as she twitched an ear towards her friend, chest tightening. Oath was keenly aware that Goose would likely be mortified by her words, not expecting this, but the small she-wolf plowed on. In the end, it was Goose that needed safety. She needed a pack to educate her, food to her build her poor physique up, many other things Oath alone could not provide. Her voice carried more emotion than before, though it still kept that blasé undertone. "I need her safe. She's all I've got, all I've ever had, and we're fading." She didn't have to gesture to their thin, ribbed forms. "So I'm asking you to take her into your pack."

There it was. Her heart clenched painfully but she kept her amber eyes hard, mouth set in a firm line.

Oath finally turned to look towards Goose's prone form, unable to meet the pales' gaze. "Jig is up, dove. Come say hello." Soft, comforting, but obviously pained. She knew that she'd just betrayed Goose, in a way. But.. it was all she knew how to do. Oath was no pack wolf, and with the way Merrit kept glowering at her she assumed she would not belong here. They could take Goose and train her, fatten her up. And Oath.. Oath could linger in the lands nearby, so she was always near. The small femme could survive on scraps until late Spring. Then they could plan from there.

"Right now, her safety is my top priority." Oath reiterated, voice and eyes hard as she turned back to the males, quietly monitoring Goose' actions behind her.

k so this is actual shite i'm so sorry
Messages In This Thread
; all have been led astray - by Oath - February 28, 2019, 03:37 PM
RE: ; all have been led astray - by Goosie - February 28, 2019, 03:40 PM
RE: ; all have been led astray - by Merrit - February 28, 2019, 07:24 PM
RE: ; all have been led astray - by Oath - March 01, 2019, 08:43 AM
RE: ; all have been led astray - by Goosie - March 01, 2019, 08:45 AM
RE: ; all have been led astray - by Greyback - March 01, 2019, 06:04 PM
RE: ; all have been led astray - by Merrit - March 04, 2019, 11:02 PM
RE: ; all have been led astray - by Oath - March 05, 2019, 12:37 AM
RE: ; all have been led astray - by Goosie - March 05, 2019, 10:02 AM
RE: ; all have been led astray - by Greyback - March 06, 2019, 09:52 PM