Neverwinter Forest you became the light on the dark side of me
I hear the drums echoing tonight
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
Time melted away in cascading streams of emotion around Embry. The only thing he could see was this angel advancing, tentatively and yet gradually. And while it still hurt him to realize that her faith in him was not completely restored, he knew that somewhere, he was rebuilding their castle of trust. 

It felt so good. How else could one describe it? He blinked, long and slow, and released a contented sigh that had been, for so long, bottled within his soul. And she was there again: her cheek nuzzled against his chest and he hoped that she could hear the fervor of his heart as it beat so close. He lowered his chin; rested it on her head. Breathed in her aroma; the silky-sweet texture of her aureate fur. The shock of the fae's approach subsided into the love and warmth of her presence. His mind could only stammer in repeated fragments, how brave. How brave she is.

Her words met his ears like the taste of chocolate drizzle, running through his consciousness smooth, sugary, and soft. Finally, he felt something crumble inside; something like peanut brittle. "I'm so sorry..." He mumbled into the velvety fur around her ear. And even when she pulled away, he felt that she was still there. She would always still be there. 

He met her gaze and waited now. For once, he didn't know how to start. But he saw those amber eyes and he tried anyway, to find those answers. His voice was coarse at first, "Joining the Rift was the most eventful thing that has happened since..." He trailed off; tried again, "Have you... fared well?" 
ϟ
​I stopped an old man along the way,
hoping to find some long forgotten words or ancient melodies.
He turned to me as if to say,
"Hurry boy, it's waiting there for you".
Messages In This Thread
you became the light on the dark side of me - by Embry - March 05, 2019, 06:40 PM
RE: you became the light on the dark side of me - by Embry - March 07, 2019, 01:21 PM