Hushed Willows any way the wind blows
bowsprit
231 Posts
Ooc —
After his pause came her invitation, so with a sheepish splay to his ears, he dipped his head to pick the kill up and stepped closer slowly, and carefully too. He hoped that her worries truly were nothing to worry about, but he didn't have the right words to offer his condolences over that, if they were. He was, however, glad for her chipper attitude in seeing him, despite whatever busied her mind exactly, so he kept his sympathies unspoken enough.

Ah thank you. You can have it.. if you'd like, he said, nosing it gently. I do plan to catch another, he smiled softly because there was plenty of day left and he was far from starved comfortable beneath these willows. It was very different for him but all was well. It's.. it's going good, she's great, he said, tail swishing softly with a fond look about him. In his settling in, he had cleared his mind and understood, gradually, what fate had done once he had finally tried to relax even a bit. I realized I do remember these woods from before.. but I was very young, and, uh, circumstance was very different last time I was here. He remembered them in the worst cold he had ever known, months after tailing his mother and father in desperation to their sanctuary even then after the Hollow left them no love. It had begun in a weird, familiar sense of deja vu that he wasn't sure if he could place or not, and walking around with Qilaq familiarizing himself had helped him really solidify the feeling that it was more than that.

This was where the Keep had abandoned him, and where he had wanted to wait for his family to not return to him, as naively as that had been before winter bore down. He could almost marvel that he had come full circle like that, but this time, different--better, he preferred to believe.
Messages In This Thread
any way the wind blows - by Lily - March 11, 2019, 10:44 AM
RE: any way the wind blows - by Silas - March 19, 2019, 11:53 PM
RE: any way the wind blows - by Lily - March 21, 2019, 02:56 PM
RE: any way the wind blows - by Silas - April 03, 2019, 12:11 AM
RE: any way the wind blows - by Lily - April 03, 2019, 04:21 PM
RE: any way the wind blows - by Silas - April 15, 2019, 01:30 PM
RE: any way the wind blows - by Lily - April 15, 2019, 08:29 PM
RE: any way the wind blows - by Silas - April 29, 2019, 01:02 AM
RE: any way the wind blows - by Lily - May 01, 2019, 09:57 PM