Lone Star Mountain obloquy of newness
i have loved the stars too fondly
82 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
she would hum thoughtfully at Sheri's words. Bee didn't think she could keep still long enough to listen, but she'd try her best. sometimes she went into her own little trances without knowing; whether this was a connection to the earth or just her daydreaming... she did not know. she'd sigh wistfully. "oooh, that sounds so lovely" she really wanted to try now. maybe when she went more north, the stillness would come over her. she'd focus entirely on the vast expanse and learn so much more. and one day, one day over the horizon, she'd hear the stars talk to her.

the mouse would meet no resistance as she climbed. Bee's look was far away again, and even if she was in the present, she didn't care if Myrto did this. little paws would briefly apply pressure on her thin coat, shaking back the girl's focus. "let me show you" was enough to shake her as Sheri pulled pebbles together. she'd carefully drop her front legs - mindful of the mouse - to hover inches from the stones as he gathered them. "oh, it isn't very far!" she'd exclaim, now knowing how to connect them without searching for hours. "I wonder what'd happen if I followed the Big Dipper instead..."

because so far she was traveling by way of Polaris like Pa had told her to. but now she knew, and she could follow anytime she wanted. "thanks, Sheri!" she'd beam at him "for showin' me" she wished her knowledge pressed further, for she would have liked to repay him somehow. her time in these wilds would be one of self-discovery and learning. she'd straighten back up, though her blue gaze focused on the stones to commit them to memory. "maybe next time, you can teach me about druid-y things." aside from stars. like plants and talking to the earth.
Messages In This Thread
obloquy of newness - by Willoughby - March 18, 2019, 04:38 PM
RE: obloquy of newness - by Sherigrim - March 18, 2019, 05:54 PM
RE: obloquy of newness - by Willoughby - March 18, 2019, 06:03 PM
RE: obloquy of newness - by Sherigrim - March 19, 2019, 03:20 PM
RE: obloquy of newness - by Willoughby - March 19, 2019, 03:51 PM
RE: obloquy of newness - by Sherigrim - March 19, 2019, 04:15 PM
RE: obloquy of newness - by Willoughby - March 19, 2019, 04:27 PM
RE: obloquy of newness - by Sherigrim - March 21, 2019, 03:52 PM
RE: obloquy of newness - by Willoughby - March 21, 2019, 04:44 PM
RE: obloquy of newness - by Sherigrim - March 22, 2019, 02:15 PM
RE: obloquy of newness - by Willoughby - March 22, 2019, 04:03 PM