Hushed Willows ho-ho lunges for the pie.
bowsprit
231 Posts
Ooc —
Being as unnerved as he was at the mere thought of his parents eventually suffering from the natural causes of time and aging, harboring too heavy of bad thoughts against them felt taboo. Silas had already done a lot of his own hurting over it, so by now, it seemed there was little left to feel about it except confused and maybe a little bit weird--knowing that it was within his bounds to feel more, but he didn't have the energy to waste on it, evidently. Maybe having it all be so secondhand, and sudden, wasn't helping.. but he also wondered fleetingly if he would ever actually see his mother or father again. Now at least he knew that unless he went to that forest, odds were painfully slim; it was still too soon to decide how to feel about that information, but it didn't seem to be relief..

No.. I haven't seen him in years, Silas admitted as he slowly shook his head. I.. was traveling a lot before returning here this last winter, and never came across any trace of him on the way, he detailed. Not that he had been specifically looking, as the absence of his littermate brother was another one of those well-healed, often-ignored old wounds, but nothing had ever come up in on his long and winding road. And he was gone from the Keep not long after we arrived. Honestly, I don't know if I would even recognize him if I saw him.. he said, preemptively ready to fumble through his question: Did.. Larkspur? I'm guessing mom's pack helped her heal, right? He was so out of the loop of it; Mariposa might have mentioned already if it had been worse news.. so hesitantly, he was hopeful just to get any confirmation.

I'll hear anything else you want to tell me.. too. About them.. you, any of it... About the life of theirs that he had missed out on. I do want them to know that I am well.. though. Qilaq and I have each other, a home, and a quiet purpose here, he tacked on, so it did not have to seem all so dour with him. He struggled for his place to feel the comforts deserved, but beyond his anxieties about it, he was doing better than he had in months--and he wanted his parents to take some peace in this.
Messages In This Thread
ho-ho lunges for the pie. - by Mariposa - March 24, 2019, 02:21 PM
RE: ho-ho lunges for the pie. - by Khali - March 25, 2019, 03:14 PM
RE: ho-ho lunges for the pie. - by Mariposa - March 26, 2019, 01:02 PM
RE: ho-ho lunges for the pie. - by Silas - April 03, 2019, 12:25 AM
RE: ho-ho lunges for the pie. - by Mariposa - April 27, 2019, 07:09 AM
RE: ho-ho lunges for the pie. - by Silas - May 10, 2019, 12:42 AM
RE: ho-ho lunges for the pie. - by Mariposa - May 17, 2019, 05:14 PM
RE: ho-ho lunges for the pie. - by Silas - May 22, 2019, 08:52 PM
RE: ho-ho lunges for the pie. - by Mariposa - May 30, 2019, 11:10 AM
RE: ho-ho lunges for the pie. - by Silas - May 31, 2019, 12:30 AM
RE: ho-ho lunges for the pie. - by Mariposa - June 01, 2019, 07:30 AM