Jade Fern Grove I learned a lot about the way of things
223 Posts
Ooc — Wolf-Chalk
"I think they do it in hopes you'll give up and leave," Cadeau said in reply, making a thoughtful face. "Though you'd think knowing you killed it would be more reason to persist and get it, you know... food and all."

Cadeau knew it was how nature went but she couldn't help the sinking feeling in her stomach watching as Vuk dragged the possum out of the hole kicking and screaming. She was getting better at coming to terms with hunting despite the ill sensations it left her with, a mixture of delight and regret when she would make a kill with Illidan. Lately she could strike without thinking too hard over it, she needed to eat to survive and scavanging scraps was not going to keep her alive. Shaking her head of the cluttered thoughts, her senses returned to her in time to see Vuk finally snap the neck of the possum, silencing it. 

She felt the nervous ball in her stomach roll away to replace it with the familiar sensation of hunger at being presented with the dead animal. Cadeau realized breakfast had been hours away now. It was well past time to eat again, she mused as Vuk offered to share the possum. Cadeau couldn't recall what possum tasted like but she doubted it could taste as bad as the creature smelled at least. Besides, food was food and Cadeau had learned long ago on the streets that pickiness wasn't allowed when you didn't know where your next meal ticket was coming from.

Cadeau nodded her head, approaching to sniff at the little animal. "Okay, I won't turn down a free meal." She gave the stranger a smile before pushing the body towards Vuk. "You did the hard work though, you have the first share."
Half-breed, that's all I ever heard
Half-breed, how I learned to hate the word
Half-breed, she's no good they warned
Both sides were against me since the day I was born
Messages In This Thread
I learned a lot about the way of things - by Vuk - April 02, 2019, 04:07 PM
RE: I learned a lot about the way of things - by Cadeau - April 02, 2019, 09:02 PM
RE: I learned a lot about the way of things - by Vuk - April 04, 2019, 01:12 PM
RE: I learned a lot about the way of things - by Cadeau - April 04, 2019, 09:18 PM
RE: I learned a lot about the way of things - by Vuk - April 05, 2019, 10:24 AM
RE: I learned a lot about the way of things - by Cadeau - April 05, 2019, 02:15 PM
RE: I learned a lot about the way of things - by Vuk - April 05, 2019, 03:19 PM
RE: I learned a lot about the way of things - by Cadeau - April 05, 2019, 06:40 PM
RE: I learned a lot about the way of things - by Vuk - April 06, 2019, 01:34 PM
RE: I learned a lot about the way of things - by Cadeau - April 06, 2019, 03:31 PM
RE: I learned a lot about the way of things - by Vuk - April 06, 2019, 09:34 PM
RE: I learned a lot about the way of things - by Cadeau - April 07, 2019, 02:06 AM
RE: I learned a lot about the way of things - by Vuk - April 07, 2019, 07:43 AM
RE: I learned a lot about the way of things - by Cadeau - April 07, 2019, 08:31 AM
RE: I learned a lot about the way of things - by Vuk - April 07, 2019, 08:38 AM
RE: I learned a lot about the way of things - by Cadeau - April 07, 2019, 01:59 PM
RE: I learned a lot about the way of things - by Vuk - April 11, 2019, 06:51 PM
RE: I learned a lot about the way of things - by Cadeau - April 12, 2019, 04:07 PM
RE: I learned a lot about the way of things - by Vuk - April 12, 2019, 09:16 PM