Cerulean Cape At the Water's Edge
41 Posts
Ooc — Nuru
Tohka was mildly irritated with the other’s response to her story, but she didn’t let it show. She immediately remembered how her brother, and sometimes her father, would deride her stories after refusing to grasp the basic concepts. She smiled and gently corrected her. “As I said, it was a demon that usually took the shape of a rabbit, so it wasn’t an actual rabbit. And honestly, I don’t think a bear could eat memories either. The way I understood it, the demon preferred forms that wouldn’t seem threatening, so a rabbit makes sense for that.” She thought it seemed like something any hunter should grasp. After all, spooking the prey would usually make for an unsuccessful hunt.

She could have said more, but she didn’t feel like arguing about it. That was the main reason she had left home in the first place. After the derision, the small compliment that the other offered seemed insincere, but she gave no response to it. When the other finished speaking, Tohka said, “Well, I’m glad you’re able to move on with your life. I’m not sure if I could. I think having gaps in my memory would bother me too much.” She could honestly say that even if she had lost some respect for her. At this point, she thought changing the subject would be best. “Do you know about the forests south of here? I was thinking of exploring there next.”
Messages In This Thread
At the Water's Edge - by Tohka - April 19, 2019, 08:39 PM
RE: At the Water's Edge - by Strand - April 21, 2019, 02:06 PM
RE: At the Water's Edge - by Tohka - April 21, 2019, 04:41 PM
RE: At the Water's Edge - by Strand - April 28, 2019, 12:45 PM
RE: At the Water's Edge - by Tohka - April 28, 2019, 10:22 PM
RE: At the Water's Edge - by Strand - May 10, 2019, 03:42 PM
RE: At the Water's Edge - by Tohka - May 11, 2019, 07:30 PM
RE: At the Water's Edge - by Strand - May 27, 2019, 05:07 PM
RE: At the Water's Edge - by Tohka - June 06, 2019, 09:05 PM