The Heartwood Call me Mr. Rattlebone
A dark room in the wallflower garden of the party
22 Posts
Ooc — Brooke
Setting this after she meets Aurewen. 
The stench of blood was ever-present in the air. It was what had lured her so far out, like a victim of unsuspecting prey, the girl pressed on. It was toxic and ever so delicious. Her stomach snarled its approval, urging her on when her legs began to grow weary. For the promise of food, she mused - Rhaenys couldn't help but feel as though some primal instinct was beginning to grasp at every which way of her. She had eaten, yes, especially after meeting her, prior to entering this valley, non-existent cousin. Rhaesuial; she would never truly escape from its grasps. 

Despite not entering their ranks impulsively, she knew that her lingering around there - some sort of base - would be the best option. But here she was, almost back to where she started. What a turn of events, her thoughts invaded her mind like bees to honey; they rang true.

A loud 'caw!' was the sound that had managed to pull her from the web of her mind and, looking up, she realized that she probably wasn't the only predator around. Fur raising along her back instinctively, she huffed back at them. A few took off but more than those who did were those who remained stock still, perched on a branch, staring at her with those emotionless beady black eyes. Ripping her gaze away, Rhaenys soon came upon her answer as to what, exactly, had died and stirred up the commotion and, ultimately, pulled her into its grasp. But this was not food.

But he very well might've been.

The northern girl position remained quiet and still as she examined what looked like a murder right in front of her face. Her muzzle crinkled with uncertainty, suddenly very aware of the dangers that could be lurking in the shadows. Not just anyone could bring down a beast this size but, if he had managed to fend them off just as they did to him, she might have found herself in some sort of dilemma. "Oh for fuck's sake," She muttered under her breath, unable to tear her eyes away from the gruesome scene. Squinting, she noted that he was for sure breathing - the subtle rise and fall of his sides gave that away as clear as day.  

She couldn't just leave him here.

Cautiously, she looked from left to right. Nothing. Ears perked - it was quiet. Before finally moving to stand before him. "Not sure if you can hear me, but if you can, I need to find some way to get you to help." If he strained to hear, he could probably even pick up on 'why does this shit always happen to me' under her breath.
"Why would you bring me in if you knew what you'd become?
So curse everyone and everything, even the sun."  ☼
Messages In This Thread
Call me Mr. Rattlebone - by Ford - April 30, 2019, 04:46 PM
RE: Call me Mr. Rattlebone - by Rhaenys - April 30, 2019, 05:13 PM
RE: Call me Mr. Rattlebone - by Ford - April 30, 2019, 05:34 PM
RE: Call me Mr. Rattlebone - by Rhaenys - April 30, 2019, 06:00 PM
RE: Call me Mr. Rattlebone - by Ford - May 02, 2019, 05:58 PM
RE: Call me Mr. Rattlebone - by Rhaenys - May 02, 2019, 06:44 PM
RE: Call me Mr. Rattlebone - by Ford - May 17, 2019, 12:01 AM