Arrow Lake a scorching desert, a shining, gleaming spiral with no beginning and no end [ birth ]
warbringer
454 Posts
Ooc — romanova
Guardian
Tactician
blodreina is loathe to take her eyes off the newborn praimfaya for even a second — but her sea blue-green gaze goes to the mouth of the den instinctively as ingram enters at her beckoning. assured when she sees that it is, indeed, ingram, blodreina turns her tired gaze back to the nursing newborn at her side. as eager as she'd been to finally get the babe out of her over the course of the last ( miserable ) week, she notes how small and fragile and young praimfaya is and for a strange moment as ingram draws nearer, blodreina wishes she was back in the cradle of her womb. at least there, she was safe.

though she was safe in this den, there was a newfound fear for her that hadn't been there before. a new mother's worry and one that blodreina doesn't realize will never go away. she thinks and frets but stills those thoughts for a moment as she leans into ingram's touch. she's beautiful. blodreina murmurs in hushed agreement ...not that she thinks the newborn could actually hear and thus be disturbed by the noise of their conversation.

in my culture a single pup means that they were in line to become the next heda. after the child is weaned they would be taken from the parents and raised under a mentor with no knowledge of their biological family; it was safer this way. less attachments for both sides. only one single born pup can survive sadgeda and become heda, blodreina begins to speak, taking a deep and slightly uneven breath. because i left, they consider me a natrona ... a traitor and by proxy praimfaya. they will never accept her ...and part of me is very selfish and very glad. glad that i will not have to watch her die for the one in whatever chance she had of winning, glad that we don't have to give her up for anybody. there's a swell of emotion in her throat, momentarily tightening it.

and i'm glad that you found me, and that you're here and that you're going to stay with us — because by the spirits of the commanders she glad that she didn't have to do this alone because she was excited and scared and guilty ( over the whole traitor thing ). she's babbling, she realizes and she stops talking closing her eyes as she relishes in their small family.
roangeda · green-lit

trigedasleng
— your hands are wet with the blood
of an empire. you lick it off.