Heron Lake Plateau that was before they took away my hair net.
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
Not real sure about the timeline here. Stevie’s post is dated the 24th, but Chan mentioned them arriving the 26th. Wildfire died on the 25th and that makes a big difference in Raven’s outlook. -think emoji- I’m going to go with this being on the 26th. If it doesn’t work for you guys, let me know and I’ll edit! :)

Raven’s world had faded to one of monochrome since her sister’s passing, a grey pallor falling over all that had been vibrant and alive only a mere twenty-four hours ago. She walked with numbness, seeing and feeling little in the cold nuclear winter of her grief. She couldn’t even find the tears she knew she needed to cry, so profoundly shattering was the loss of the sister she’d loved so dearly.

Her last littermate.

Nightjar’s death had been difficult, but she and he had never shared the bond that existed between the sisters. It felt like a part of her own soul had been extinguished, and not for the first time, she realized how aptly Wildfire had been named. Just as the fire had gone out in Sun Mote Copse, so it had in her heart as well.

She wandered near the borderlands of her home now — it felt even less like home now that her sister no longer lived next door — absently looking for her mate. She stumbled upon his scent and in her distraction, nearly wandered right past it without ever noticing it. Catching it at the last second, however, she had corrected course and followed it to where she now stood, looking at two ghosts from her distant past.

Normally, the sight of old friends at her doorstep would have filled the alpha female with fits of joy. Given the past day’s events, though, the best she could do was greet them with a weak smile, her dead eyes brightening somewhat as she drew up alongside her mate. She was sure they were here to see Elwood and Finley, which meant they would be traveling on to the Copse, but Raven didn’t have enough leftover sadness to spare for that fact. Everyone seemed to want to live anywhere but here, and there might have been a time when that would have bothered her. Now, she didn’t care. Let them all go, she thought listlessly, her thoughts turning with bitterness toward Phox and Towhee. If it ended up just being Quixote, the kids, and her alone, fine. It didn’t matter anymore. Nothing did.

Her mate had already asked the important question so Raven let him take the lead, remaining silent for the moment.
Messages In This Thread
RE: that was before they took away my hair net. - by Raven - May 27, 2019, 06:24 AM