Blacktail Deer Plateau A little lair for a very small bear
<font size=1>Still I'm pinned under the weight<br>Of what I believed would keep me safe</font>
80 Posts
Ooc — Ashur
Kaihra listened quietly as Finley spoke, uncertain whether to feel disturbed or amused at the image of pups terrorizing the woods in a bear skin. Pups could wreak havoc enough in their own fur without having the pelt of a beast at their disposal. But letting the pups have their paws at the skin pleased her more than draping it over her neck, so Kaihra gave a swish of her tail in support of the girl's suggestion.

As Peregrine wondered aloud who would eat the kill, Kaihra turned her gaze toward the carcass again. She still felt no stir to indulge, but rose after a moment's hesitation and picked her way toward the cub while stifling the reluctance that tugged at her legs. She observed the body for a moment before trying her best not to damage the hide as she nipped away a chunk of its underside, but was certain her work did more damage than good. She tore a second piece free as Peregrine suggested they share their histories and returned to her place. Kaihra placed one piece at Finley's paws before settling down beside her, keeping her eyes off the carcass so as not to see the mess she'd left behind. Perhaps having another eat beside her would make this experience not so bizarre.

As Sun Spark spoke, Kaihra kept a steady gaze on him instead and noticed for the first time the scars that ran along his sides. She could still imagine the power that lay in the muscles beneath his aging frame, and Kaihra felt a shiver run up her spine. Sun Spark soon fell silent and, after the silence passed for longer than a pause, she dipped her head in thanks for his tale. Her paws itched to know more, but, though her mind reeled with questions, Kaihra kept her mouth shut.

Yet she was still the one to break the silence as she picked up the moment to share her story, swallowing quickly before beginning her tale. "Like Sun Spark, I have spent much of my life travelling." She began, with a fleeting glance at her packmates. "My brothers and I left our home in the Northeast after conflicts rose in the land and we travelled South for many days. They settled in a forest in the South and took mates there, but I continued Northwest and eventually found my way to your pack." Kaihra darted her eyes around the circle again before settling her eyes on Finley. She was curious to hear the girl's story, if she would share it with them today.
[size=x-small]
So show me where by armor ends,
Show me where my skin begins.
[/size]
Messages In This Thread
RE: A little lair for a very small bear - by Sun Spark - July 21, 2014, 03:40 PM
RE: A little lair for a very small bear - by Finley - July 21, 2014, 08:35 PM
RE: A little lair for a very small bear - by Sun Spark - July 21, 2014, 09:19 PM
RE: A little lair for a very small bear - by Kaihra - July 21, 2014, 11:32 PM
RE: A little lair for a very small bear - by Finley - July 23, 2014, 11:08 AM
RE: A little lair for a very small bear - by Sun Spark - July 25, 2014, 12:01 PM
RE: A little lair for a very small bear - by Kaihra - July 26, 2014, 12:53 PM
RE: A little lair for a very small bear - by Finley - July 26, 2014, 07:53 PM
RE: A little lair for a very small bear - by Sun Spark - July 28, 2014, 04:26 PM
RE: A little lair for a very small bear - by Kaihra - July 30, 2014, 05:28 PM
RE: A little lair for a very small bear - by Finley - July 31, 2014, 06:15 PM
RE: A little lair for a very small bear - by Sun Spark - August 05, 2014, 09:56 PM
RE: A little lair for a very small bear - by Kaihra - August 06, 2014, 06:05 PM
RE: A little lair for a very small bear - by Finley - August 08, 2014, 07:05 PM
RE: A little lair for a very small bear - by Sun Spark - August 10, 2014, 10:11 AM
RE: A little lair for a very small bear - by Kaihra - August 11, 2014, 11:20 PM
RE: A little lair for a very small bear - by Finley - August 16, 2014, 06:24 PM
RE: A little lair for a very small bear - by Sun Spark - August 18, 2014, 08:52 AM
RE: A little lair for a very small bear - by Kaihra - August 18, 2014, 09:41 PM
RE: A little lair for a very small bear - by Finley - August 20, 2014, 02:35 PM