Sun Mote Copse i know i have somewhat ghost-like features.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Little Tiarnach's name was not lost on Elwood; his heart swelled as he smiled at his daughter, and he laughed at Finley's quip. He knew, though, that it meant a lot to her -- because it was pretty meaningful to him, too. He missed Lagan, and wondered where he was in the world. That was, perhaps, the hardest part of parenting: learning to let your kids go. They were lucky to know that Lagan had been okay when he had set off on whatever adventure he had taken -- just like Tegan, Fiadh, Clover, Lucca, and Tywyll -- but thinking of Lagan reminded him of Lucy, who hadn't chosen to go off on her own. It had been chosen for her, and unfairly.

He shook those sad, pervasive thoughts away quickly, though, and grinned. "Well, it's official: we're old," he said. "I think two sets of grandkids is included in the definition of 'elderly'." Over Liffey's shoulder, he watched Pox make his "escape" but didn't say anything; the boy didn't go far, but if he started to push his boundaries too much, Elwood would correct him.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i know i have somewhat ghost-like features. - by Elwood - July 15, 2019, 06:39 PM