Gyrfalcon's Keep xi. could you tell me like it is? pretty little fears.
166 Posts
Ooc —
It wasn't the response she'd expected, to say the least.

She awaits rage, hate - were she in his paws, confronting the admitted murderer of her beloved twin, even with Rhaelyx's betrayal tearing her heart asunder, the femme would have become unhinged in her charge to rip that person to pieces.

The nightwisp hovers, swaying on her dark paws as the intensity of the moment flees - leaving her drained and hollow. Her gaze shuttered wearily and a sigh wisped through her lips. 

Her eye reopened at his words, unable to conceal the shock that shone through. "Daeg...of course, you would be welcome with us," she whispers, still too surprised to offer him even a hint of a reassuring smile. 

"But..." Rhælla trails, gaze flitting away as she summons the correct string of words. "This...us.."

"It doesn't mean we're just a thing again," 
the former Queen finally spits out, for once lacking in poise and allowing her youth to shine through as her eye finds him, pooled with apology and begging for understanding. 

Things had changed. Rhæ was not the vulnerable damsel he'd once fell in love with in the shadows of a corrupt Kingdom; the wisp had grown, hardened - she'd shed the dreams of girlhood and the naive, rose-tinted goggles of youth to shoulder ambition and justice. 

"I can't.." she tried to explain with a shake of her head, "I'm not ready for that."
"Even princesses and she-wolves bleed."
"Common." "Lirean."
ARISTOS