Swiftcurrent Creek I can take the fall: the pain, the pleasure
~ the outsider ~
183 Posts
Ooc —

She had expected some kind of objection or fight to ensue following her crass statement. However, the young mother was instead met with resignation and acknowledgment. He dropped his worries, sharing his pain and grief with her without hesitation. Which Lie found to be heartwarming despite the sadness of his words.

Turning her seafoam gaze toward her paws, Lie nodded slowly. “If you can’t share your burdens with family, then you can’t share them with anyone.” Her tone was whispered, and she seemed to say them almost to herself, but the sentiment was the same. “Aren’t we your family Kavik?” all of us. Peering back up with a questioning tilt to her head.

“We too are burdened by what has happened. If I had never come along, none of this would have happened. You and Alessia could have lived happy lives, and Zephyr, well Zephyr would still be here at home. Where she belongs.” Glancing quickly back at the den, she briefly wished that she had no children, that she could just up and leave and none would care. However, she was quick to punish herself for the very thought, how could she wish that Soter and Morena were never born? She was a terrible mother, and guilt rose in her chest.

“I worry for them too. Whether they’ve had anything to eat recently? Or if they have a safe place to sleep? I hope every day that this day they will return.” Lie wanted Kavik to know he wasn’t alone in his worries, that even with everything that happened, with what Zephyr did. Lie didn’t wish her harm, she was still her daughter. Although even Lie wasn’t sure how she would react if when Zephyr and Helios eventually returned.
1/5
5/5
~ i haven't played that song since my wife died ~
lie can be pp'd by anyone listed as family on her profile

"common", "french" 1/5 posts
Messages In This Thread
RE: I can take the fall: the pain, the pleasure - by Rosalie - August 13, 2019, 06:04 PM
RE: I can take the fall: the pain, the pleasure - by Rosalie - September 10, 2019, 04:39 PM