Greatwater Lake i don't like human nature unless all candied over with art
i'm a bloody fallen angel
182 Posts
Ooc — cas
All Welcome 
Night crept lightly over the wilds, washing the horizon of the liquid ambers and pastel pinks of sunset and clearing light from the land until all were bathed in soothing blackness; the original state of the world. A distant story, one her mother had told, perhaps, had found its way back to her consciousness and as Saarthal stared at her flickering reflection in the water, she recalled its details: it told of the making of the world, of a God saying in the blackness of chaos and the universe 'let there be light', and the world was alight with this new invention. Her mother had lived through faith (was she still alive?) but Saarthal steered clear of it.
Even now, she tucked the story away into the corner of her mind and flopped onto the ground, turning until she lay on her back and faced the sky, lit with a billion flickering lights, and wondered at the galaxies far away, and if there were beings in those stars. But beautiful as it all was, and startlingly peaceful, Saarth felt unbearably alone for she was not a creature made to withstand her own company for long, a situation exacerbated by the fact that she belonged to a species which thrived in a team. A team she had no idea how to find.
Messages In This Thread
i don't like human nature unless all candied over with art - by Saarthal - July 21, 2019, 08:23 AM