Coconut Grove sometimes your words just hypnotize me
27 Posts
Ooc —
When the stranger heard her, understood, even responded, Minerva was briefly elated. Her judgement of the situation was right; they were either a native to this area or they were passing through, but at the very least they were friendly and — most importantly — female. However, the words that flowed from the stranger's mouth did not make much sense to her.

What kind of place had such a complicated name? What was a margaritaville? At the mention of others Minerva looked around quickly, half expecting to be set upon by whoever the giantess referred to. There was only stillness, save for the sussuration of the sea further north from her position. Still, her ears briefly pinned back and she sniffed the air with caution.

Do you need help? Asked the woman. Kindness was hardly to be expected here in this foreign place, but it was welcome.

Minerva deliberated for a few moments before she answered, either trying to think of the simplest way to explain herself or, maybe trying to summon the energy required for conversation. Her body was telling her to relax and to sleep, but that was foolish. When she opened her mouth and began to speak her voice was pedantic, mechanical. The common tongue did not suit her.

I am called Minerva. The mother sent me here. I am.. Sleep? I am wanting sleep, It felt like being back at home during a diplomacy lesson, if only she had paid more attention to her language studies! It had not seemed important then, and now she regretted her flippant disreguard for her tutelage. Hurt, I think? She murmured, and then tried to stand up. Her limbs shook, and before long she was slouching against the palm tree again, wincing and sore. Nothings are broken, I am thinking. Can you help?

And what debt would be incurred by asking?
Messages In This Thread
sometimes your words just hypnotize me - by Minerva - September 22, 2019, 06:37 PM
RE: sometimes your words just hypnotize me - by Gracious - September 22, 2019, 08:30 PM
RE: sometimes your words just hypnotize me - by Minerva - September 23, 2019, 12:09 AM
RE: sometimes your words just hypnotize me - by Gracious - September 23, 2019, 01:43 AM
RE: sometimes your words just hypnotize me - by Minerva - September 23, 2019, 01:20 PM
RE: sometimes your words just hypnotize me - by Gracious - October 01, 2019, 10:46 PM
RE: sometimes your words just hypnotize me - by Minerva - October 12, 2019, 02:16 PM
RE: sometimes your words just hypnotize me - by Gracious - October 21, 2019, 10:14 AM