Blackfeather Woods and when the band plays "hail to the chief"
71 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
As soon he was not actively coaching his expression into one of polite interest, it fell back into lines of dubious wonder, as if he was not quite sure what Maegi was saying, but he worried she might suddenly attack him all the same. He was not scared, exactly, but interaction in general, lately, was putting him on edge.

"I have," he responded, some interest making its way into his voice as he remembered the woman who'd come to him at the borders. They'd not spoken much, but Jakoul had left a favorable impression on him all the same. She'd been not quite warm, he thought, but something close to it. "I am," he said when she correctly identified him as Nightstar, and then that didn't seem like enough. It wasn't. "Pleased to meet you, Maegi," he went on after another of those dubious pauses, as though he were waiting to see if it was just in his head or if he really was expected to say more. "The woods have been kind to me, and I had thought to... return the favor," he explained, and then looked down at the carcass and found an emotion after all.

He was embarrassed. It showed on his face, although the somewhat dazed concern continued to be his dominant expression.
Messages In This Thread
and when the band plays "hail to the chief" - by Nightstar - September 25, 2019, 01:01 AM
RE: and when the band plays "hail to the chief" - by Maegi - September 25, 2019, 07:19 AM
RE: and when the band plays "hail to the chief" - by Maegi - September 26, 2019, 08:57 PM
RE: and when the band plays "hail to the chief" - by Nightstar - October 08, 2019, 10:48 PM
RE: and when the band plays "hail to the chief" - by Maegi - October 11, 2019, 06:32 PM
RE: and when the band plays "hail to the chief" - by Maegi - October 25, 2019, 11:10 AM
RE: and when the band plays "hail to the chief" - by Maegi - October 26, 2019, 09:16 PM