Blackfeather Woods and when the band plays "hail to the chief"
71 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
The woman thanked him, not seeming to understand how little he had to offer them. Perhaps he was being too hard on himself; was it enough that he had tried?

"I didn't know," he replied, momentarily stunned by the information. He and his sister had always relied on each other, and had always cared for each other alone. But now she had a pack and a family of her own, and a whole history that Nightstar had no notion of. How long had he been away? It was impossible to tell, but it was beginning to feel like years.

Had he grown old without realizing it? No -- Moonshadow was still young and hale. He must be, also.

The male struggled to draw his attention back to the conversation, but did his best to answer Maegi's question. "I hunt," he agreed, "and I can fight. I don't have many other talents, but I can find my way well enough for travel. And I like... to listen to stories," he said haltingly, remembering a cool, sweet voice speaking softly in the den. He laid across the entrace to protect them, and listened while she spun tales of high mountains and ravenous beasts, and four young wolves who could conquer them

The memory made him blink hard, but he showed no other signs of having been disturbed or absent-minded.

"And what about you? I know you are our leader, but nothing else. Your body seems to tell a rather grizzly tale."
Messages In This Thread
and when the band plays "hail to the chief" - by Nightstar - September 25, 2019, 01:01 AM
RE: and when the band plays "hail to the chief" - by Maegi - September 25, 2019, 07:19 AM
RE: and when the band plays "hail to the chief" - by Maegi - September 26, 2019, 08:57 PM
RE: and when the band plays "hail to the chief" - by Maegi - October 11, 2019, 06:32 PM
RE: and when the band plays "hail to the chief" - by Nightstar - October 24, 2019, 01:06 PM
RE: and when the band plays "hail to the chief" - by Maegi - October 25, 2019, 11:10 AM
RE: and when the band plays "hail to the chief" - by Maegi - October 26, 2019, 09:16 PM